460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm running a 514 and been setting my gap about .4 and was wondering what others maybe doing. I run a lot of timing mostly if running 110+ fuel. Just thought some friendly conversation today could be nice!

·
Registered
96 Posts
So I'm running a 514 and been setting my gap about .4 and was wondering what others maybe doing. I run a lot of timing mostly if running 110+ fuel. Just thought some friendly conversation today could be nice!
Have some images of insulator color to go with your conversation?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I run Motorcraft AGSP32CA plugs. Hard to find but they really burn beautiful out of all the plugs I've ran in the past. Well my plugs are pretty fuel fouled .. My rear float stuck and I was just flooding lol. Float replaced and so on.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am feeling lazy at the moment to dig out the images of my good charts, but these ones are okay:

When starting to adjust gaps you need to be able to read your plugs to understand what is happening, there are a lot of outside variables to take into account: air, fuel, coil strength, thermal soak/shielding, ring efficiencies, etc etc.

Reading your plug doesn't mean adjusting the gap is the solution when something else is the issue, it might give you the pointer to where your issue is. When everything is perfect, however, it can be used to achieve certain ends or compensate for the environment.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, yeah mine weren't anything like the above pics. I checked the gap on them and it was .025... Maybe if she likes that gap I'll just leave it lol. Here in Co with altitude its tough.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
AR 3932 TO START WITH

Reactions: 71FastbackDan
1 - 9 of 9 Posts