460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, I built a 67 custom 500 2 door 62b, I built a 460 stroked to 545, it has a scat rotating assembly, a don Hampton 871 blower and fitech dual power adder fuel injection, now there is allot of bad talk on speed master or the pce parts, I have a set of there heads installed out of the box and they run great , I am running there ignition box, I am running there water pump, and there billet dizzy I had locked, no issues it all run good and works well, I also bought the speed master 9" ford rear end, and I will start assembly soon below is some video links of the car running with speed master parts and a break down of all the 9" parts, they had a black Friday sale 40 percent off site wide I spent about 900 bucks and saved close to that in savings, I couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Them tire's are bad ***!!..........nice ride.

Now pro comp/speed master is like playing russian roulette..........you just don't know what you get quality wise.

A lot people buy the heads bare, because the valvetrain is junk and they need work.

How long will they last on your engine..............go's back to russian roulette.

Now the rear end parts look good especially the centre case, and think you might be ok with them.......but who know's!!

Speed master just copy other people's parts, some good some bad and you just never know what you will get.

I will not buy there stuff, because a poor man pay's twice..............do it right the first time.....but that's just me.

All said i hope it works out for you because it's a badass ride........i really like.

Keep's us posted on how the rear end works out when fitted.

Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes its a monster...…. and I do like to try stuff no one has or there is little info on so far so good ,I do realize its copies or item with less quality control, at one time speed master did have a bad wrap but they have come along way, there history is still haunting them, and I want to see what they have to offer and try some of there stuff also currently summit racing and jegs are selling there items, those are big volume company's if they are ridding together I figure its time to give them a try never know them getting deeper in ther u.s. performance parts may help bring some cost control on other company's and that's good news for us
871 blower
fitech dual power adder fuel injection throttle bodies are 1200 cfm I think
hyper fuel delivery system 2 fuel injection pumps 2 holly 7 psi lift pumps
speed master electric water pump
speed master dizzy with a msd module
speed master ignition box spare summit box
msd 3 step retard
speed master cylinder heads/comp cams roller rockers plates arp studs
comp cam
speed master gear drive
melling oil pump
milodon 7 quart pan
scat forged 10:.1 pistons
h beam big chevy forged rods
fpa headers
crites mounts
arp block stud kit
4000 stall
custom built c6 trans
32" ladder bars
Carrera coil over rear suspension
front sta wagon springs
scarbird front disc brakes
dual 1000 amp batteries
speed master fuel cell
current gear 4:56 lsd

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Look's good so far...............can't wait for them big tires to go on. Thank's for sharing.

Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that may be a bit yet but its getting there I spoke to summit today on getting the Alston pro link ladder bar rear frame section I can get it for 380.00 if I go pick it I haven't decided yet if I want to completely build the rear frame before I disassemble the rear of the car if I do ill be buying ladder bars and coil overs I all ready have I may just transfer those parts because it would save allot $$$ on stuff I all ready have that will leave me needing just wheel tubs a floor kit and some brackets.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm running a set of their roller rockers/shafts/stands on the aluminum headed FE in my daily driver. Other than the height on them was really tall so I had to get longer pushrods custom made than most had heard of, they seem to be ok (the gaudy gold and black anodizing definitely screams "Chinesium", but who ever sees them?). Truck just began leaking coolant between the intake and aluminum head, so I'll be pulling the valve covers and undoing all the rocker adjusters so I'll have a little insight to how they're holding up after 3000 miles.
rocker1.png

·
Registered
118 Posts
Re your FE, I also bought their roller rockers/shafts/stands but chickened out after reading an account on the FE forum where the rockers disintegrated and spilt a ton of needle bearings throughout the engine. I wound up using the shaft and stands but used stock rockers instead. The beefier stands and shaft are important with higher than stock lift cams so I still feel as if I got my money worth.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i looked at there rockers and valve train stuff but just decided to go with comp cams, I am still running the water pump, dizzy, and billet distributor the dizzy is a pita to lock but works good I did get there rear end together here are some pics

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts