460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay all I have a 67 custom 500 2 door (galaxie) it has a 545 871 blown fitech dual power adder fuel injection sys with the hyper fuel system, and fully custom built c6 automatic with a 4000 stall, and the rear is a 8.8 with a4.56 on ladder bars and Carrera coil overs, and my tires are way to small for all that hp, and I need to back half the car, anything past 3/8 throttle tires go up in smoke so, speed master sent me a email saying site wide 40 percent off site wide, there is allot of good and bad out there about speed master / pro comp, I am running there aluminum heads with comp cams internals, I am using there ignition system with some msd stuff and I have found no issues with anything and every thing I bought that's speed master was installed out of the box I did nothing to the heads but put studs rockers in them, so I looked at the TDS rear end with bolt on tubes and took the plunge I bought the following,

Speedmaster U-Joint Driveshaft Joint 1330 1350 Conversion 1.063 Steel
1350 Long 28 Spline Ford 9" Billet Steel Pinion Yoke

4.30 28 Spline Ford 9" Ring and Pinion Set 8620
axle tubes cut to length
Ford 9" | Modular Differential Housing Section New Edition

Ford 9" 35 Spline TorqueWorm Helical Gear Limited Slip Differential Truetrac LSD

Ford 9" 3.25" Long Nose Aluminum Case Drop Out w/ Billet Pinion Support - Satin
all the bearings for the carrier
all the seals and a master kit

850.00 bucks
everything except the axles and axles bearings because i do not know the with as of yet

i bought two mickey thompson 31x16.5x15 et streets and two 14 inch wide rims from summit 900.00 bucks

this stuff is due to arrive on the 11th of dec, i will do a video on the unboxing and link it here, if there is anything in particular you want to look at and or discuse in depth let me know and we all can evaluate this stuff, i will also do some build videos also

·
Registered
74 Posts
okay all I have a 67 custom 500 2 door (galaxie) it has a 545 871 blown fitech dual power adder fuel injection sys with the hyper fuel system, and fully custom built c6 automatic with a 4000 stall, and the rear is a 8.8 with a4.56 on ladder bars and Carrera coil overs, and my tires are way to small for all that hp, and I need to back half the car,

850.00 bucks
everything except the axles and axles bearings because i do not know the with as of yet

i bought two mickey thompson 31x16.5x15 et streets and two 14 inch wide rims from summit 900.00 bucks

this stuff is due to arrive on the 11th of dec, i will do a video on the unboxing and link it here, if there is anything in particular you want to look at and or discuse in depth let me know and we all can evaluate this stuff, i will also do some build videos also
anything past 3/8 throttle tires go up in smoke so, speed master sent me a email saying site wide 40 percent off site wide, there is allot of good and bad out there about speed master / pro comp, I am running there aluminum heads with comp cams internals, I am using there ignition system with some msd stuff and I have found no issues with anything and every thing I bought that's speed master was installed out of the box I did nothing to the heads but put studs rockers in them, so I looked at the TDS rear end with bolt on tubes and took the plunge I bought the following,

Speedmaster U-Joint Driveshaft Joint 1330 1350 Conversion 1.063 Steel
1350 Long 28 Spline Ford 9" Billet Steel Pinion Yoke

4.30 28 Spline Ford 9" Ring and Pinion Set 8620
axle tubes cut to length
Ford 9" | Modular Differential Housing Section New Edition
Ford 9" 35 Spline TorqueWorm Helical Gear Limited Slip Differential Truetrac LSD

Ford 9" 3.25" Long Nose Aluminum Case Drop Out w/ Billet Pinion Support - Satin

850.00 bucks

[/QUOTE]

You picked up all of those parts for $850? That's a very good deal if they all fit and function well together.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's why I pulled the trigger and bought it all, at 40 percent off even if I had to sell it I would at least break even , but I am "assured" by the sales staff it will all bolt together and be plenty strong enough for 1000 hp street car, so we will see.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I was in a similar situation in building a 'glass 32 with a NA 545. I chose to use the torque by using less gear and converter (3.89, 3500) and way more tire.... 32x14.5x15. Calculates at going through the traps at 6200.
I ripped out the triangulated 4 link and went parallel 4 link for more adjustability. If it gets on the bumper, I have the means to calm it down with suspension and not just tune. Not on the road yet, but may be a different approach for you to consider.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I would be interested in how these parts work out for you. Please post your progress.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay I have all the parts except for a retainer, two screws, and a o-ring , I did a video on all the parts for the tds rear axle here is the link

if there is anything you want to see in mire in depth, or whatever let me know, but all the parts look really good so as soon as I get the rest of those few smaller parts, I will get another video on assembling this axle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay the rear carrier is built and the housing is assembled, below is a video on it and some more information if you have any questions let me know thx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts