460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy's I'm looking to try and pick some sponsors and was wondering what methods people have used in Submitting proposal to gain sponsors. We are looking for anything from fuel to oil,machine work and of course the all mighty dollar. I have a very good friend at a graphic company that many of you may have or not have heard of which is Fineline Graphics ( Owned by V.Gains) here in Colorado. My son has submitted an idea to them and they gave him some rough graph's and is in the process of talking to someone from his company to see if it can go farther. It's pretty cool what these guy's came up with but I can't put them on here until I have approval. I know that your trying to promote their product and would need to hand out brochures of some sort that would enable to track if was coming from you. ANs sign and banners of some sort and even the signage on the cars as well.

Ace

·
Registered
360 Posts
I had a couple sponsor when I was doing DB Drags... I just went to local places, showed them my setup that I built myself, let them hear it, showed them my scores and the average scores of the classes I was running. I basically just wanted money as I build my own subs and run fairly unknown brand amps.

I just told them I would go to "this many" competitions and "this many" shows and would display their company name on my vehicle or my persons depending on their contribution. I ended up with 5 local sponsors which worked out really nice as I ended up with about $4k~ in sponsorship money to use for entry fees, gas, food etc... I did get denied by a couple people because the shop had built their own cars that I beat the crap out of so...

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
I campaigned several local companies to sponsor me for PAO and the 2010 racing season had only 2 that seemed to want to do it but when it came time to get money I got the run around and had to come 100% out of pocket, so if you figure out a good strategy let me know as I will be looking for next season.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts