460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Fox Mustang Drag car only, sportsman cromemolly cage, ladder bars, tube k-member, putting a BBF (iron heads) and C-6 in from a turbo SBF (aluminium heads).
What spring rate for the front coil overs do you recomend?
Car sat at ride hight with just empty block, heads and intake.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
springs

I have the drive train in and have 14-150 springs on now. It is low and I am concerned about handling on big end. UPR recommended 14-175, but seemed not enough?
Let me know what is being used out there.
Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes....adjust them up 1 inch, it will raise the car back up.

I use 14-175 in front and 14-110 in the rear. Works well for me in weight transfer, I just need to find a smaller shock itself. I don't have much travel at all.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
That's right use the coil over adjuster to set ride hight. Spring rates should never be used to set ride height on a race car.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
springs

I switched to 14-175 springs with same adjustment as 150's. I think the 150's were worn out.
Tested car for first time last week, after three shake down easy runs it ran 10.532 @ 129.1 w/ 1.53 60'.
This was with the struts set pretty tight about 3/4 (tight) turn from old setting. Front was not unloading at all and tires were struggling for traction.
I would think the 60' should be in low 40's or high 30's. Testing this weekend so we will see, I am starting at 2 turns out on struts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts