460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
I wonder if Dodge could make 50 or so of those V-10 Challengers and get them legal for NHRA Stock/Super Stock.....


I just saw my first V-6 Challenger the other day and I must say I think it looks sharp.

It has the optional 18 in. wheels tho. Black on black looks great.

Sticker was 21,000 something with the 2,800 package for 24,000.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,451 Posts
Nice looking but they are still "porkers" Like the 05 and up mustangs.. and by the time you add a few options like a decent enging .... the price isn't anywhere near the base.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dfree383 said:
Nice looking but they are still "porkers" Like the 05 and up mustangs.. and by the time you add a few options like a decent enging .... the price isn't anywhere near the base.
X2 on the weight...AND the size. They are BIG 2 door cars. I like how they look, just really big. The SRT 8 option is lowest power option I would want. I dont even think the regular "HEMI" is gonna get that barge moving very quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,960 Posts
I think Ford and Dodge both are taking a step in the right direction with the Mustang and the Challenger . I'd never really considered buying a new vehicle lately until the new Mustang came out..I like them alot .It's on my x-mas list for sure ,along with my new blower motor for my Tbird :wink: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
The real fun will come when Chevy rolls out the new Camaro.

The base V-6 Camaro model is reported to have 300 hp. The Mustang GT has what, 300 hp ????

Ford ?..... Anyone there paying attention ?????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
83-88T-Bird Guy said:
The real fun will come when Chevy rolls out the new Camaro.

The base V-6 Camaro model is reported to have 300 hp. The Mustang GT has what, 300 hp ????

Ford ?..... Anyone there paying attention ?????
Yep, but chevrolete has proven time and time again that HP does not sell cars. I think they will prove it again, the new Queermaro is horendous. I don't think it even remotely resembles the 1 gen body. I think ford and dodge did a much better job. I remember reading that in late 2007 GM still had like 7000 of those ugly little ssr trucks? still sitting on lots; and that was the 2006 model. They couldn't give em away. Maybe with 600 hp? That was after they put the 400 hp motor in it thinking they would sell. I thought the last Camaro had a nice engine in the ls1 but the rest of the car was crap. look where the ls1 got that car.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
65comet404 said:
83-88T-Bird Guy said:
The real fun will come when Chevy rolls out the new Camaro.

The base V-6 Camaro model is reported to have 300 hp. The Mustang GT has what, 300 hp ????

Ford ?..... Anyone there paying attention ?????
Yep, but chevrolete has proven time and time again that HP does not sell cars. I think they will prove it again, the new Queermaro is horendous. I don't think it even remotely resembles the 1 gen body. I think ford and dodge did a much better job. I remember reading that in late 2007 GM still had like 7000 of those ugly little ssr trucks? still sitting on lots; and that was the 2006 model. They couldn't give em away. Maybe with 600 hp? That was after they put the 400 hp motor in it thinking they would sell. I thought the last Camaro had a nice engine in the ls1 but the rest of the car was crap. look where the ls1 got that car.

I agree with many of your points.

The biggest thing that kill those "special" models is overpricing, then the dreaded dealer markup.

I agree the new Camaro looks strange in the front. But, as usual, there will be those with FOB syndrome (First on the block) that will buy them up the first year.

300 hp from a base model V-6 tho ? Hope the car weighs less than 3500 .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,857 Posts
We saw a new Challenger yesterday at Southern States. I thought the doors were a little tall, and the roof a little short. Ellen loved it, but she is a Dodge nut. :roll:



I'm not a Dodge guy, but when they can get the lines correct like Ellen's '68 Charger. I'll stand in line for one.

And if you see our trailer in the background, you will realize that the mortgage crisis is a non issue where we live in redneckville. :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,204 Posts
They have a couple at the local dealership near work, only looked at them on the drive by. Basically a nice looking car, but as Jeff said, the proportions are goofy. Tall slab sided doors and a squashed down roofline, it's just not quite right. They all need to keep these things below 30k to sell IMO, otherwise you're running into the Jap "near luxury" segment that is going to be full of folks wanting four doors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
dodge challenger

they had a srt8 challenger at fun ford in bristol this aug,looked cool all black with tinted windows,hemi i think he run in the mid 14 sec range,not to impressive for 50,000$ there was fox body 5.0s running 13s stock or near stock ,hell the shelby gt 500 was slower than the 5.0 in the quarter mile. but it was quicker than the dodge.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top