460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 70 429 that someday I would like to build and install. I can't decide what to put it in. I have had a variety of ideas but one of them is a Porsche 928. Older ones with engine problems are cheap, Renegade makes a kit to install a BBC in one, a 460 will also fit but I might end up making my own mounts. So that is one idea.
Other ideas or strange cars to find a 460 you have seen?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just put it into '67 Camaro and big "powered by Ford" stickers to doors. That will make any chebbyguy cry :lol:

·
Registered
230 Posts
there is a ranger here that is black with red stripes. its got the big and littles, and sure enough, a bow tie on the grill!

I would love to see a bbf in a chebby especially a camaro! Paint it FORD BLUE!!
429/c6/9 inch and ford style badges!

I know "BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!" but imagine the look of horror on someones face when they pull up behind your tough sounding camaro and instead of the bowtie on the decklid they are greeted by a nice blue oval!
priceless

·
Registered
113 Posts
I did see a magazine piece a few years back on a '56 Chevy with a 460 in it. It also had the engine set way back through the firewall, so the the driver was sitting closer to the back seat.

Nice looking car, but even though I am a Ford fan, I still prefer that Chevies/Fords/Mopars should stick with their own power plants.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Focus

The focus would be a really crazy application. I got to drive one that had a bone stock 03 Cobra supercharged 4.6L in it (360rwhp) and that alone was incredible. I can't imagine one with a built 385 in it! Well, yes I can...and I like the idea! It would fit too; tons of room.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
jpierce55 said:
I also want to throw in. I think it would be really cool to slap a 521 in a 94 GMC Suburban. The only thing is my 350 gets 19.6mpg and I think the 521 will be closer to .6mpg.

And since I drive 100 miles a day it is not an option for me.
That's not that weird... my friend gets a calculated 19/20 out of his 96 Tahoe, with the Vortec stuff (I think), and that's all city driving.

·
Registered
24 Posts
How about a 40s Crosley

My nephew has a 1948 Crosely Sation Wagon. I think the Stock motor is good for an astounding 13 Hp it is only about 1200 pounds . It would take some serious fabrication ,but anything is possible .

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.