460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up this morning at 3:45 with coffee (and a shot rum for flavor) in hand and went out to the shop to start working on the paint job. My brothers were suppose to be here at 5:00 and nobody shows up, I'm pissed! Anywho I started on the engine bay and just got that completed and I'm tired. This is going to be a quick, cheap, down and dirty paint job just so the car is all one color and not look like it was built from five different ones. The fancy paint job in my signature is going to have to wait, I want to get this thing to the track. The entire car is going to be Satin Black like the engine bay for now. I need something to eat and a nap :cry:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Looks good so far. Just keep it up and get the exterior done.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
That's why we put the driveway paint booth job on mine. It was about 7 different colors, and everyone said " What a POS." A little sealer and some white paint to hide the crappy body work, and everybody sez, "Daaaayyyummm." New 79.00 dollar headlights make a HUGE difference in the way the car looks too. :wink:

I was wondering, how do you guys with black cars keep from having a D's557 fishing episode during the summer?

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Doug,

I'm sorry I'm not there to help you. I wish I could be. Keep up the good work and bring that car up to the Bash this year. :D There's a room here at the Ponderosa with your name on it. :wink:

Take care,

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Paint it Doug,it's a RaceCar not a ShowCar. 8) :wink: Rick

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
c.evans said:
Doug,

I'm sorry I'm not there to help you. I wish I could be. Keep up the good work and bring that car up to the Bash this year. :D There's a room here at the Ponderosa with your name on it. :wink:

Take care,
Thanks Charlie. My biggest problem is going to be getting it up there. I was planning on getting a bigger truck to tow with this year, but well you know how that got put on the back burner.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Douglas,

YOU just get it painted and ready for the Bash. We'll get it there somehow ! :wink:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
QtrWarrior said:
Douglas,

YOU just get it painted and ready for the Bash. We'll get it there somehow ! :wink:
Now that sounds like a 8) deal :!:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts