460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my mean green starter with a new one. The starter will not turn but I can hear the plunger kicking in. Also, I have a remote ford
solenoid inside the car and when I turn the key both solenoids ,remote and the one on the starter both make a loud clatter. Question could the starter be grounding out. It is tight between the starter post and the header.

Second, sorry for never giving a shout out to Lem and Jet Boat Bob for building my 572 but I do love the motor even though this project is terribly
slow do to three knee operations Thanks to everybody on 460ford,com

·
Registered
477 Posts
Also make sure the engine has a good ground cable from the battery, check to make sure the Ford type solenoid is either case grounded(typical inner fender mounted Ford solenoid) or the case is isolated(needs a ground wire connected to a terminal post on the solenoid for the enclosed relay to operate).

·
Registered
235 Posts
Clean where it mounts to engine, use dielectric grease on the surface afterwards, check and clean battery leads. If that doesn't work send it to me and I'll go through the entire thing for cost of parts if anything is bad. Give me a call at 1708 2002959.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts