460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after nearly 12 weeks of being laid off. Not sure about the job and how it will be, the drive time could be extreme depending what hours/days I will be working after training and they still don't know the days/hours. It is a new company, so it is hard to say....It could end up being something not so swift in the long run. ....

So wish me luck.

If nothing else I hope I can hold onto it until the car is paid off, I hope no longer than the end of September or early October... and then I can take a real low paying job if it takes that to find something that I am happier with.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Good to hear!! Congrats:D

Hope it works out for you.

Bill

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
where is it located? Hopefully Texas? You will like it here.

·
Registered
623 Posts
unfortunately it looks worse than I feared :(...

Good thing the car is almost finished, I might have to sell it and the trailer to keep the bills paid. Figures :(.
Good luck! I wouldnt sell the car, been there done that. It will be next to impossible to get another, plus when you are in a tight, no one will give what you need, so you will be without your dream/stress reliever, still be short on money and no car. Just park it for a while and you will find something that will get you by. Dont give up on your dream, it only makes hard times harder.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Good luck! I wouldnt sell the car, been there done that. It will be next to impossible to get another, plus when you are in a tight, no one will give what you need, so you will be without your dream/stress reliever, still be short on money and no car. Just park it for a while and you will find something that will get you by. Dont give up on your dream, it only makes hard times harder.
Well said.

I've sold a couple in hard time and wish I hadn't, the money you get goes too fast.

Bill

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
selling the car is a last resort, but I really want to get my college loan and car loan paid off..... I had to tap into my savings already and I am down to $5800 but that will last me about 5 months. I really was hoping to use that money to pay off my car. $9800 to go.

I don't like to use the c.c. at all anymore, but maybe I should pay what bills I can with it until I am in the clear, not talking much money a month just a couple hundred.

This job is certainly a no go and they are now tossing in that they want me to drive a straight truck 50 miles one way twice a day. Go one place work, go to another, turn around go back. While many people do it I don't feel comfortable with driving a truck into congested areas. One of the bad things is the thilth and heat, and my lungs not being healthy. They put me on a shift that will rotate days/ hours. As for the rest I am struggling, and the other new hires as well... the people training us seem so disgrunteled and that is not going to help....

So I condemned myself when I applied there, but who is to know what lies a company will tell you before you start.

There is a local company that gave me an interview, only $9.50 an hour and that REALLY sucks, but I will take it if they offer me the job, at least close to home and barely enough to cover my bills, but at least that.... and I can always keep looking from there.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not meaning to sound hard on myself. I just have goals, and would rather sell the car/trailer than struggle with bills. I want all my debt gone, and selling the car is a temptation to get there faster anyway. It has been a rough 12 weeks since getting laid off, until the last 2 weeks I only had 1 interview. I have had 4 in the last 2 weeks, so hopefully get something else soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts