460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to replace or modify my 1981 Mustang factory steering column into a more drag looking and functioning steering column. Bought my 1981 Mustang w/BBF car with many drag modifications already made. But, the original builder left what I think is the stock steering column and wheel assembly intact. It has tilt, turn and wiper handles still in place. What should I do? Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to modify the existing unit or where to look for a "drag type"[for lack of a better term]steering column assembly?

Randy Kimberlin
Waxahachie,Texas

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help

Just exactly how does your "how fast do you want to go" have to do with my question about modifying a steering column? i was hoping to get some helpful information and your quote is so original!

Randy

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Just exactly how does your "how fast do you want to go" have to do with my question about modifying a steering column? i was hoping to get some helpful information and your quote is so original!

Randy
DAY MOTORSPORTS sells column kits that are light-weight, easy to install and function really well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts