460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm hoping someone here may have seen something regarding my 1970 Mustang Coupe candy blue with silver stripes that was STOLEN yesterday 5:10am CST from Treasure chest storage in cedar creek, texas.

It's been my project since I was 13 and is very sentimental to me.

Things that may stick out:

Billet grille
Big block 460 ford. black with stainless hardware
Poly-V belt setup
Victor intake with EFI Bungs
Mustang II front suspension
Iron dove heads
Dual sump oil pan
candy blue with silver stripes
black interior
Fuel tank has a sump
Year One gauge bezel -autometer gauges

Please, please, PLEASE!! forward this to others and keep a look out! I can be reached at 512 281 6588 or [email protected]

Thanks, Jake

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Been a lot of that going on around here too. There's a face book page for this too. A few cars have been found.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I am not sure that i could handle my anger if my Mustang was stolen.

I sincerely hope that you can recover your Mustang and the thieves punished accordingly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I invited him by email to the facebook page if hes on facebook, (South central US stolen racecar report)
Thanks, I joined and posted.

I am not sure that i could handle my anger if my Mustang was stolen.

I sincerely hope that you can recover your Mustang and the thieves punished accordingly.
Yeah, pretty pissed.

I don't know if you remembered but I emailed you awhile ago about your chevy exhaust set up. I just got mine installed awhile ago....pity, should have left the manifolds on.

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
That is a super sweet Mustang. I hope you find it. It is a shame that people have to be such a-holes. They will probably just trade it for a bag of meth or however they sell that crap.

Good luck in the search. I'll keep my eyes peeled when I'm browsing Craigslist.

·
Registered
636 Posts
That is a super sweet Mustang. I hope you find it. It is a shame that people have to be such a-holes. They will probably just trade it for a bag of meth or however they sell that crap.

Good luck in the search. I'll keep my eyes peeled when I'm browsing Craigslist.

My thoughts exactly, hope you get your 'Stang back and I hope they find the ba$tard$ that stole it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Thanks, I joined and posted.

Yeah, pretty pissed.

I don't know if you remembered but I emailed you awhile ago about your chevy exhaust set up. I just got mine installed awhile ago....pity, should have left the manifolds on.
Yes, i do remember. That is even worse. I know the pain of making the car/parts work and the pride of personalizing a car to be what we imagine what it should look like.

The thief cares only about the money or drugs that he will get.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
I posted this over to 429-460.com site incase anyone sees your car hope you get it back soon undamaged

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CAR HAS BEEN FOUND!

Big thanks to everyone for keeping an eye out!

Got a call at 7:11am yesterday from a coworker that he saw my car parked in front of his sons school. Of course I rush out there ASAP, and parked in the mud there's my baby and she's mostly there. No worries the BBF is still there albeit missing the distributor and coil! Damage to the front valence, entire wiring harness is destroyed. Interior is mostly gutted but WOOHOO my car's back! Thanks again!

I really think the car got "too hot" so they dumped it. Seems like some kids stole it. They weren't trying to part it, but were going to keep it. They couldn't get it started so naturally they replaced the distributor and coil with JY pieces and cut up the harness all over! (even the headlights and tailights!) They removed the interior to install a sound system but they had no idea what they were doing. They used old laminate particle board from a shelf and bathroom caulk to build the enclosure. The wiring they added was from a household lamp lol. I do have more good news though. Even though they tried to clean all the prints off the car with lysol but there is a big handprint on the laminate side of the sub box and another fingerprint on the caulk tube! I hope these idiots get what they deserve and I get the rest of my parts back!

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
Awesome!

That's fantastic news:)

I certainly hope that they will be found and prosecuted. I can't stand thieves.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts