460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 f-150 with the straight six. I am looking to put a big block under the hood. I can’t lie I am a die hard Chevy guy, but this little truck is at my garage and I have a higher end big block stroker setting here an I want to do the swap without cutting the little truck to pieces.. any advice out their from a wrench head would be great

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HELP! straight Six to Big Block

Going from a straight six truck to a nicely built Big Block, without cutting the truck apart. Looking to run 2 maybe 3 stages of Nitrous without hindering the factory hood.. any takers? I’m a bow tie guy lost in a oval world

·
Registered
405 Posts
HI, welcome to the BLUE world I think your barking up the wrong tree if your state has emission testing... a 96 would never pass emission with the switch. It would have to have the emissions of the I 6 + all the emission hardware.

good luck
tim

·
Registered
297 Posts
Why would you have to cut it up??? They came with 460's in '96 not in the 150 but they are the same body. If you are going to hit it with the juice call Keith Fulp and get a set of his motor plates. Then you have to figure out the rear suspension to get the power to the ground. If you are looking for a stock type set up give L&L a call. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
clevelands are small blocks,not big blocks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts