460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok let's hear it the ideas in the back of your head for that cheap jalopy street machine Not a show car a true Saturday night street racing machine .
I know I've always thought about a beat up gutted fox body with a mild 460 and a Ton if spray just to piss of the rice burners

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Ok let's hear it the ideas in the back of your head for that cheap jalopy street machine Not a show car a true Saturday night street racing machine .
I know I've always thought about a beat up gutted fox body with a mild 460 and a Ton if spray just to piss of the rice burners
How about a 4 door Zypher Foxbody. Stock hood, full quiet exhaust and all. That would piss off those guys with the fart cans!!

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I think a 99 to 04 mustang as you can pick them up for a great price especially a V-6 model.

D

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have been thinking of a cheap turbo build. Using a 79 f150 2wd.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
+2 That would be cool, are a 472 with some good heads and a 2 stage fogger system, and a fiberglass camper for areodynamics, shortbed, with suspension mods to where it will really hook up. My 1978 is kind of sneaky like that, but the camper would really throw off the jap junkers. Throw a John Deere riding lawnmower in the bed for extra traction.:eek:

·
Registered
81 Posts
camper shell aero?

Anyone remember the Dakota that Banks ran on the salt flats? I seem to recall that they tried all kinds of bed cover; flat, racerback, tailgate up,down flat covers, all sorts of things. Didn't they find that an open bed with the gate up had the best aerodynamics? Think it was due to the eddys in the bed, created a pressure ridge that helped push air over the open bed and cleaned up the tail. It's been a long time ago, but that's the way I remember it. Anyone else remember that? Anyway you cut it though, a bad-a-- truck is hard to beat.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've got a 77 2dr Granada 302 I purchased almost a year ago, drove it home. Had every intention of stuffing a bbf stroker down into it making a weekend warrior/sleeper car. Never started in on it though because it bothered me to think of molesting such a great 36 year old survivor car. I think the Granada is the perfect sleeper car. It looks originally good inside and out, from paint to interior all the way down to the factory hubcaps. Looks like something someone's granny might drive. Who would think a granny Granada rolling up beside them at a stoplight would haul a$$, right? To many projects not enough time or $, so the Granada must go. Would have even looked great with 2x4s sticking through the hood. Oh Well!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
How about a 4 door 1980 ltd with a 466 10.8-11.1 comp and some aluminum heads with 2 stages and a 3.90 gear and steel 12" wide rims with the factory hub caps placed back on them..lol

·
Registered
569 Posts
Anyone remember the Dakota that Banks ran on the salt flats? I seem to recall that they tried all kinds of bed cover; flat, racerback, tailgate up,down flat covers, all sorts of things. Didn't they find that an open bed with the gate up had the best aerodynamics? Think it was due to the eddys in the bed, created a pressure ridge that helped push air over the open bed and cleaned up the tail. It's been a long time ago, but that's the way I remember it. Anyone else remember that? Anyway you cut it though, a bad-a-- truck is hard to beat.
I remember that one. Seems to me that they left tailgate up and had the bed coved on the last 2 feet or so. OPEN from that point all the way to the front of the bed. Thinking...... and that was quite a few brain cells ago, that was the best combo that they came up with. It sticks out in my memory because I remember thinking how odd it seemed and how it went AGAINST my thinking about aerodynamics! I have told that story to a few friends with trucks through the years, lol

Was a good write up though and just went to prove that the obvious isn't always the best!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts