460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
THANKS! ....I recorded it but haven't watched it yet! LOL.

What channel do you get it on in the US? We get it on "Velocity" in CAN which replaced "speed"

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
THANKS! ....I recorded it but haven't watched it yet! LOL.

What channel do you get it on in the US? We get it on "Velocity" in CAN which replaced "speed"
Not on TV...yet. The accident that tore up Chief's car and put him in the hospital happened this past weekend, with the cameras rolling.

Big Chief said:
l
Bruised lungs, and on oxygen right now. Crushed my L2 and L3 in my back, broken collarbone, and pretty beat up, but so thankful to be alive right now. The trauma doc just said he doesn’t think they are going to have to transfer me to OU med center anymore which is good. He said I can probably go home tonight.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Where can it be downloaded if not on TV yet?

·
Registered
401 Posts
seen boosted gt put his ford in the wall last week also,testing at a strip somewhere

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not on TV...yet. The accident that tore up Chief's car and put him in the hospital happened this past weekend, with the cameras rolling.

Carl, I understand your very strict about abusing the streets with fast cars and endangering people.

What is your opinion on the show being that it portrays cars drag racing on public roads to the viewers.

I mean we know it's on a shut down road and they have all the proper safety equipment,etc

But what kind of message do you think this show is sending people that don't know any better?

Myself I do enjoy the show and the cars and the fact they do say don't try this at home, but there is always that one person that will.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Carl, I understand your very strict about abusing the streets with fast cars and endangering people.

What is your opinion on the show being that it portrays cars drag racing on public roads to the viewers.

I mean we know it's on a shut down road and they have all the proper safety equipment,etc

But what kind of message do you think this show is sending people that don't know any better?

Myself I do enjoy the show and the cars and the fact they do say don't try this at home, but there is always that one person that will.
Street racers were racing on the streets before the show, and they will after it's gone. I don't know that the show has really even had any influence on street racing.

What the show has done is increase the popularity of "no-prep" racing at tracks, and other facilities. There has also been an explosion in the use of power adders and 1000+HP cars since this show came along. There was a real drop in sportsman racing after Pinks was killed, but this show at least got people motivated again. Rumor has it Outlaws is going away, and Pinks is coming back, and that'll be better for the sport in my opinion.

As for racing on public roads, I could care less if people want to set up at a remote location, secure it, and have some fun. It's putting the public at large at risk on a crowded highway that's the problem, and this show doesn't promote that at all. If anything, they show people the right way to do it.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
......if not for street racing years ago, I wouldn't have made the money to build the engine that's in my car now...LOL.

Seriously though, street racing is way too dangerous now with the power and speed you can buy off the show room floor let alone a modified ride. We worked our way up in power and learned how to control each mod. These guys today, just put their coin down and then go stab and steer their way into trouble with no respect for the power that's available to them.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Street racers were racing on the streets before the show, and they will after it's gone. I don't know that the show has really even had any influence on street racing.

What the show has done is increase the popularity of "no-prep" racing at tracks, and other facilities. There has also been an explosion in the use of power adders and 1000+HP cars since this show came along. There was a real drop in sportsman racing after Pinks was killed, but this show at least got people motivated again. Rumor has it Outlaws is going away, and Pinks is coming back, and that'll be better for the sport in my opinion.

As for racing on public roads, I could care less if people want to set up at a remote location, secure it, and have some fun. It's putting the public at large at risk on a crowded highway that's the problem, and this show doesn't promote that at all. If anything, they show people the right way to do it.

I agree 100%.

·
Registered
636 Posts

IMO Pinks did it right, glad to hear they might be coming back! I watch SO and enjoy it but I don't think the show sends the right message. Street racing was a whole lot different "back in the day", a lot less power and a lot fewer cars on the road.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts