460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally pulled the trigger on a set of P51's. Naturally, this requires a set of pistons and as you can imagine my thoughts quickly devolved into a complete 521 stroker bottom end. Can anybody recommend a reputable source for this kit? My expectations for power are 650-700hp on motor with an occasional 250 shot of N20. I will certainly never exceed 1,000hp, probably seldom actually exceed 650. From what I've read this places me square in forged steel crank territory, is that accurate? It's going in a 5,200lb 4 wheel drive.

The gentleman at Kaase Racing was very helpful and suggested their 521 setup, which I'm not opposed to, but I suspect it was probably more of a bulletproof bottom end than I need. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Just ask a lot of question. Scat makes a decent stroker crank, but it requires heavy metal to balance it internal. RPM also makes a decent crank...and it doesn't.

Stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Just ask a lot of question. Scat makes a decent stroker crank, but it requires heavy metal to balance it internal. RPM also makes a decent crank...and it doesn't.

Stuff like that.
Why not just offer him a stroker kit of yours??

Cheers, Bob

ps- i'm really impressed with the Molnar crank and rods, buddy has them for his SBF build.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Why not just offer him a stroker kit of yours??

Cheers, Bob

ps- i'm really impressed with the Molnar crank and rods, buddy has them for his SBF build.
Something about that just feels wrong to me..like it's unethical or something. If they contact me I have no problem, but I've never felt the boards are here for me to troll for customers. Besides, the internet is full of people that already do that.

However, while we're talking........do you realize that your new car warranty is about to expire, leaving you exposed to the high costs of vehicle repairs?........ :D :D

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Something about that just feels wrong to me..like it's unethical or something. If they contact me I have no problem, but I've never felt the boards are here for me to troll for customers. Besides, the internet is full of people that already do that.

However, while we're talking........do you realize that your new car warranty is about to expire, leaving you exposed to the high costs of vehicle repairs?.
....... :D :D
Do i get Paul Anthony to do them........lol

It's not unethical if you give advice on the forum.

New members, maybe even some old one's don't know who you are what you do!

Just trying members to buy from this forum and not jegs or summit.

Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, thanks for the replies. To be fair, I was essentially soliciting people such as Mark to offer me their services. I have to buy the parts anyway so I’d just as well support those on the forum I frequent.

It may not matter though, I found a local ad for a guy selling the following brand new in the box:
Forged Lunati 4.3” crank
Icon 8-ic861-030 forged pistons
Scat 6.8” rods with upgraded bolts
ATI damper
Head studs
Main studs
Cam & Rod bearings

All listed for $2400. Seems like a deal; full retail on the parts is over $3k. Only thing I don’t know is if the pistons will work with P51’s.
Anybody here know?

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts
Hey, thanks for the replies. To be fair, I was essentially soliciting people such as Mark to offer me their services. I have to buy the parts anyway so I’d just as well support those on the forum I frequent.

It may not matter though, I found a local ad for a guy selling the following brand new in the box:
Forged Lunati 4.3” crank
Icon 8-ic861-030 forged pistons
Scat 6.8” rods with upgraded bolts
ATI damper
Head studs
Main studs
Cam & Rod bearings

All listed for $2400. Seems like a deal; full retail on the parts is over $3k. Only thing I don’t know is if the pistons will work with P51’s.
Anybody here know?

Those pistons are compatible with SCJ / P-51's

SJ
used 2b RHP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts