460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK gang, It was pointed out to me by a member that we might have some latent talent lurking about on here in the form of musical ability :D. I was prompted to ask and told that I just might be surprised at just how many of us are musicians. So.....here's your chance at 5 minutes of fame!
Step right up...
Don't be shy!...
Speak right up and tell us why!

I'll start it all off and fess up first....I've played in various Rock bands and Country Rock bands for 40+ years. I do lead and backing vocals, play a ham fisted, power cord-over-driven/dirty sounding Gibson Les Paul/Marshall half stack (my favorite of the 5 that I own) that's turned up to 13 and the knob is torn off and I write some pretty good lyrics (if I do say so myself lol). The last band that I belonged to was a Hard Rock flavored endeavor called "Crush!907" here in Anchorage. I'm currently on hiatus and pursuing other interests.
Now.....what say YOU??
Rob

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sounds great man! I must confess however, I don't/can't play or pick sh!t. Well that is except for playing the radio and picking my snot harbor. Ha ha. Maybe I'm a GD comedian and don't even know it.
How long have you been playing? Guess if there is any other musical talent on this forum they are to chickensh!t to admit it. Good to hear someone on this forum has a life other than talking the same ole hi-po crap that's been talked to death time and time again! I wish you luck and hope to hear your tunes on MTV someday!!!

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sounds great man! I must confess however, I don't/can't play or pick sh!t. Well that is except for playing the radio and picking my snot harbor. Ha ha. Maybe I'm a GD comedian and don't even know it.
How long have you been playing? Guess if there is any other musical talent on this forum they are to chickensh!t to admit it. Good to hear someone on this forum has a life other than talking the same ole hi-po crap that's been talked to death time and time again! I wish you luck and hope to hear your tunes on MTV someday!!!
Lolol I've been playing since I was 12.....and I doubt you'll hear any of my stuff on any public forum....unless it's been stolen! I'm what you call a 'semi professional' ....meaning I get paid every once in a while....everybody in the band has day jobs and families....so it's more of a hobby than a profession.

'Cmon Ppl...I know of at least one other person....I've got some of his music (and it's damn good too!)
Rob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Play a little of everything the current band I'm in plays.mostly classic rock/ classic metal... I think the newest song we play is slither from velvet revolver

·
Registered
57 Posts
Drummer here...........bought a new set of Slingerland's in 1969, special ordered without bottom heads, purple sparkle, double bass, SpeedKing pedals. Went electronic a coupla years ago. The stage presence is crappy, but they sound bitchin. Played everything from country to heavy metal, soul and funk. Playing a jam-session at our local Eagles club tomorrow nite. Always a good time.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
VERY nice kit! I tried the digital route for my guitar work a few years ago too. Like you say, versital but far too complicated for live stage work. It would have been good for studio work though. I like my Marshal set up, good stage presence and more than enough volume for the halls I play without a PA hook up...... in fact my band members never let me turn it up past 1 1/2 for rehersals lolol. A few stomp boxes for effects and away we go ;)
Rob

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I played the cello, piano, and washtub bass as a kid, does that count?

Planning to teach myself how to play the ukelele and/or 4-string banjo here when I get some time, maybe this fall.

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
I play nothing and like it. Musical talent is not my thing. I prefer not to inflict that kind of punishment on the people around me. They don't deserve it.

As for everybody else? Well I don't believe it until I see the video....

Come on Rob! Post some video of what you do. Lets see if "Alaska Has Talent"!!

:D

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I played the cello, piano, and washtub bass as a kid, does that count?

Planning to teach myself how to play the ukelele and/or 4-string banjo here when I get some time, maybe this fall.
Sure it counts! lol We have a gentleman that occasionally shows up at rehearsals that brings his wash tub bass. We just stick a mic under it and plug him into the board. Adds a whole new dimension to the sound.
Rob

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I play nothing and like it. Musical talent is not my thing. I prefer not to inflict that kind of punishment on the people around me. They don't deserve it.

As for everybody else? Well I don't believe it until I see the video....

Come on Rob! Post some video of what you do. Lets see if "Alaska Has Talent"!!

:D
Lolololol. I'll see if I can dig up some pics.
Rob

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here ya go Chris.
Before I cut my hair....

The DAY I cut my hair.....4 years ago, when our Son turned 1 and got his first hair cut.......

After

At our wedding reception

Rob

1 - 20 of 37 Posts