460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.. So I managed to find another car that I like (the other Fairlane I looked at was a junker,) but it's 530 miles away in Joplin, Missouri. I don't want to fly, and having someone drive me down there (then drive themselves back up) would be a PITA. So I figured I would ask you guys about having the car shipped. I'm looking to spend as little as possible, and I don't care whether or not it's on an open trailer. If you guys could get me the names of dependable companies (with quotes if possible,) that would be great. TIA :)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Try Todd at Head of the Pack Transport Phone: 818.495.3824

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Good luck with that one. From my experience is if it is convenient for the haulers everything will go well. If it is not sucks to be you. It took me 6 weeks and three different places to get my Falcon shipped from WI to LA. I drove 8 hours to pick up the last one and I don't see ever shipping a car again.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm probably going to have someone just drive me down there. It's a shame too.. I'm off this weekend (get every other one off,) but I'm really busy :(. It will have to wait until the week after next. I hope the guy will consider holding it for me.

·
Registered
515 Posts
My brother used FED EX to ship his 39 Ford from California to Austin TX. No ****, FED EX...

He said they were totally profesisonal, took great care of it & the cost was not out of line. Good thing is they are insured. Beats some backwoods guy doing it for beer money...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts