460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or neither LOL. I prefer summit just because I have always used them and more recently because their website is much easier to use. Yes i am bored!

Kirk

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I support Summit mainly because of how much they spend on sportsman racers and giving back. They also support the ADRL and Mountain Motor Pro Stock guys! Jegs is a racing family, however their money goes towards thier own programs... which there is nothing wrong with.

HOWEVER - Often times my customers tell me they are better off coming to people like me and other who have special deals with various venders as we offer more support and imput on builds. Also we normally can out do the warehouse pricing. Always check with smaller vendors when looking for purchases! You would be surprised how much you can save not only in the actual purchase but just having the support to go with it! Often times we can save you time and money by not just trying to sell you anything!

Guess I should make a list for everyone on here on what all I personally deal in.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
I support Summit mainly because of how much they spend on sportsman racers and giving back. They also support the ADRL and Mountain Motor Pro Stock guys! Jegs is a racing family, however their money goes towards thier own programs... which there is nothing wrong with.

HOWEVER - Often times my customers tell me they are better off coming to people like me and other who have special deals with various venders as we offer more support and imput on builds. Also we normally can out do the warehouse pricing. Always check with smaller vendors when looking for purchases! You would be surprised how much you can save not only in the actual purchase but just having the support to go with it! Often times we can save you time and money by not just trying to sell you anything!

Guess I should make a list for everyone on here on what all I personally deal in.
Hmmmm, I'd go along with that Cale, What DO you deal in??
Rob

·
Premium Member
808 Posts

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
I have the oppinion that "after the purchase" customer service, (not simply item returns), is more important than saving a few dollars.
Now. if you're sure of the part and may not need any further communication about it ... then saving a few bucks is waranted.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I have the oppinion that "after the purchase" customer service, (not simply item returns), is more important than saving a few dollars.
Now. if you're sure of the part and may not need any further communication about it ... then saving a few bucks is waranted.
I agree. Dollars saved up front, could cost ya more than you saved. Buy from people that have put together and use the parts. More likely to get what ya wanted.

·
Registered
194 Posts

Good to know. I always try to support the smaller guys since I'm one myself in my field.

I'll be needing a few things this off season and will definitely look here first.

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
I've called Summit Racing tech support before I've made purchases. All they seem to know is what is written in the pages of the catalogs that I already pretty much have memorized. They aren't much help. Recently I did some business with Cale Aronson. He is very knowledgeable and he even answers his cell phone (more than I can say for me). Knowing what you are selling goes a long way when the people you are selling to have quesitons about things before they buy. People like Cale help to get you what you need. Not necessarily what you think you want. The Summit guys will just sell you what you think you need. .....and that ain't always a good thing!!

Example: I let Cale tell me what upper and lower rear control arms to buy. I had an idea of what I needed but wanted somebody with more experience to tell me what I needed. I would have never let a Summit tech support guy do that. I know I don't have to worry about it and I know I'm getting the right parts to get the job done.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Summit=main reason;They use UPS.
Jegs uses Fed.Ex. and on a number of occasions I've had to go to the terminal to pick-up my order,because they could'nt find a building that's been here since 1944.But I'd rather support the local/independent vendors.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Summit=main reason;They use UPS.
Jegs uses Fed.Ex. and on a number of occasions I've had to go to the terminal to pick-up my order,because they could'nt find a building that's been here since 1944.But I'd rather support the local/independent vendors.
i agree FED EX sucks and i mean Sucks... my area is the last area he goes to on the end of his route so theres been several times where he dont want to deliver and comes the next day... FucXXXX FEDEX

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
i agree FED EX sucks and i mean Sucks... my area is the last area he goes to on the end of his route so theres been several times where he dont want to deliver and comes the next day... FucXXXX FEDEX
X2 on fed ex never know when you goig to get it
I buy from both but use Summit the most as it only about 2 to 2 1/2 hours away plug if I order something from summit before 8 pm i will have it the next day without a overnight charge if need quick.Jegs takes 3 to 5 days the only thing about Jegs I don't have to pay taxs Summit I do because I live in the same state as the store.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I like the search function on the summit site a lot better than the Jegs deal. Being in Canada tho I have to go with Fed Ex.

Overnight to Canada pretty much doesnt exist no matter what you do so that is a non factor. However UPS seems to think they deserve a major amount of extra money to bring something across the border. I have had several instances of paying say 15 bucks ups charge when I place to order only to have UPS to demand another 25 over and above the taxes and duties that we pay anywhere when they show up with the package. Fed Ex is like half and Jegs can figure that all out before they send it so I dont have to worry about anything extra when it arrives.

So I end up ordering my stuff from Jegs. I do my own research and generally know exactly what I want.

Like the other guys have said I do appreciate the guys who are willing to give technical advise and will give them my business if I use them for advise or help.

dkp

·
Registered
85 Posts
Always used Summit. Never had any problems and shipping is always quick!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I usually use Summit Racing since i live about 30 minutes away from the Tallmadge,Ohio store.But i do order from Jegs i just got a car cover from them last week Fed Ex has been good so far for me.I would have got the car cover from Summit Racing but they would have had to drop ship it and Jegs had it in stock.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have always used Summit. Everytime I have ordered from them, I have always got exactly what I ordered and it has always been 7 days from the time I order to the day I get a note in the mailbox to come and pick up a parcel from the Post office.

7 days to be in my grubby little hands here in Australia is pretty good I think. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
fedex sucks

I agree never had luck with Fedex, had a neighbor call me 2 blocks away and tell me he had my package, guess he was a chevy lover

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
I used to use strictly Jeg's but I have started to use Summit on some things lately as the customer service there is getting pretty good, Summit has come up a long way from when I first started ordering parts and Jeg's has gone down alot!!!!!! I do not deal exclusively with them though as Howards is an hour from me and I run Howards cams. I have done some dealing with Lem and have been very pleased with the service as well!

One thing that burned me on Jegs was a part I needed I ordered and paid overnight to get to me in time to make a points race and the Fed-Ex said they attempted to deliver my package 2 days in a row when I sat at my house waiting for them when they had never showed (Iwas on vacation) lots of drama with that deal and I ended up filing a complaint with BBB because of them and had to miss my race which I had worked hard to get my truck ready for.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
i was using summit.

i was using summit till i ordered a csr water pump for my bbf. i had a danny b belt drive and the water pump would not bolt on to the belt drive or the block. the water pump was too wide. i sent it back and they sent me another one but the same thing. i was told they was going to send it back to csr. i talked to csr and they said it was there problem and they talked to summit and i could get my money back or get another pump. i told them that i would get another pump it they was sure it would work. the guy told me im going to get one myself and check it myself. i waited a few minutes and he came back and said i checked it and its good. he said they would rush it to me. i got the pump and it was the same problem. i called the guy that helped me back and told him it was not right. he told me that something was wrong with my belt drive or block. i told him the pump and backing plate parts are from the same place and they dont work with each other. i told him i was sending it back and to just give me my money back. it took about 6 weeks to get my money back from them. the only reason i used them is because i was using A heads and jegs did not sell them

1 - 20 of 25 Posts