460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the discount with Jeg's, but i can't figure out how to get Summit's. Thier web site says nothing about it. :?:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Summit Pro Shop:
1-800-795-0260
Different number than the regular Summit #.

Call them and they will mail or fax you an application. Takes 1 minute to fill out. Return/fax it along with a copy of your NHRA/IHRA license and you are set. They attach a Pro-Shop designation to your already existing Summit customer # (in the blue box on the back of each catalog they send you). Once you are signed up with the Pro-Shop you can register and log in with your customer # and last name through the "my garage" link at the top right of the Summit web site. Once logged in you can see the discounted price. Some items have a huge discount, others none. Varies by brand.

Couple of items:
It is supposed to be for racers with a competition license. If your car is not fast enough to require a license, I know of a couple of guys that got in with just an IHRA membership. Membership is required even if no license to participate in an IHRA event.

Also know of guy that had the Jeg's discount already and they set him up on the spot after he told Summit he would just buy from Jegs if they didn't let him in.

·
Registered
379 Posts
David Cole said:
Couple of items:
It is supposed to be for racers with a competition license. If your car is not fast enough to require a license, I know of a couple of guys that got in with just an IHRA membership. Membership is required even if no license to participate in an IHRA event.

Also know of guy that had the Jeg's discount already and they set him up on the spot after he told Summit he would just buy from Jegs if they didn't let him in.
I'm a Pro Shop member also, but always wondered what other Summit customers thought of the cut-off at 9.99, and why they don't complain to Summit, just because of their car's ET, they don't get a discount? Maybe NHRA has a deal with Summit, promoting Super Gas/Comp Class's???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts