460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used it?

Is it worth trying?

I'm going to need parts for my Ranger and my 79's 460....6 months I could possibly have it all paid in full.

Though here in my town the parts store guys let people get accounts but I called and asked if I could but he said they got to many.

My brother has one but owes like $20 or so (though he didn't pay them back for a loooooooongggg time). Wondering if I should ask him if I could pay my brothers account off and make me an account...but I don't know.

The part store is Carquest and they do have some high prices...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Personal opinion here if you are gonna build a car save your money and pay for it as you go Racing is expensive and its to darn easy to thrash parts you stilll owe on. Took me 3 years saving and building but I have a moderatly fast PAID FOR 66 Fairlane maybe it's just me but knowing it is all mine is a great satisfaction

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Personal opinion here if you are gonna build a car save your money and pay for it as you go Racing is expensive and its to darn easy to thrash parts you stilll owe on. Took me 3 years saving and building but I have a moderatly fast PAID FOR 66 Fairlane maybe it's just me but knowing it is all mine is a great satisfaction

X2 the Ranger was done as I could afford to buy the parts.Just think about it the money you could save in interrest you could buy some more parts with the interrest money.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I only need some minor part for my Ranger and then them bearings and stuff for my 460...nothing to major..

·
Registered
265 Posts
I use Atech which is the wholesale account for Summit. I`d try to get an account that way before I financed anything nowadays. Awsome pricing and shipping is 9.95 anything below 500 and free for above. I use Atech for damn near everything now that comes through my shop.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not a dealer though.....
Would be nice site if I was.

I'm just looking into getting some minor parts for my Ranger and bearing set, cam, gasket set and intake for my 460 (since I got to turned my main bearings copper colored)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts