1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
524 Posts
At last year NHRA National race at Brainerd I was I was helping my friend who races in stock and SS.

He ended up winning class eliminations with his superstocker. His wife said "O Great". I thought how bad can it be? It turned out it was a real treat. Spend the afternoon in Hot August heat in the "Barn" wrenching on a engine when 1/2 your tools and equipment is on the otherside of the pits. Then he just says OK your good. Thanks we knew that.

Made me real glad I never converted my 428CJ car. I love both classes but would have a tough time playing that game.

The funny thing, the guy next to us in the barn mentions he puts some Nitromethane in the pan in the final round of class. Its worth 3 hundreths :eek: . All for a few hundred bucks, bragging rights, and then rings and bearings :roll: .

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nitromethane in the pan

Funny you mentioned nitromethane in the pan.

A few years ago one of the local Outlaw Pro Mod guys, (running nitrous) really stepped up his combo and was running almost as fast as some of the local blown alcohol P/M cars. The rumor was that they were running some amount of nitro in the oil pan. They supposedly got the idea & combo from someone that used to crew on one of the NHRA Pro Stocks.

Don't know if it was true, but it makes you wonder how many race teams in any class racing (P/S, S/S, etc) might be trying this.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It might make a few extra horses but to sacrifice your bearings isn't worth it. He told us he had to change the oil instantly after a run, run it a few minutes and dump it again. And repeat this again to wash all the remains out of the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts