460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to have a knee surgery on the 21st. Talk about throwing a wrench into Christmas plan's. Oh well, at least I get to be home with my family for Christmas instead of having to work. Merry Christmas to you all.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No thank's for the offer, just a speedy recovery. I think I'll be on my feet pretty quick. The doc said my knee was pretty messed up, I actually need a replacement but I'm too young. So I'll get to look forward to that down the road.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Oh, yeah, gotta love knee surgery! Did you get scoped or did they cut you open? Either one ain't a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
freak78 said:
......I actually need a replacement but I'm too young. ........
That's total BS. If the doc told you that I'd run (literally) and get a second opinion. My old man lived a life of knee and back pain because his doc told him the same thing. He had no cartiledge causing joint misalignment and back problems. He was on painkillers a lot of times. I mean I can remember my old man being in his early 30's and having his knees and back bothering him all the time.

His old doc retired a few years back and his new one replaced his knee quick. The new doctor told him he should have had it done years back. Bottom line is he feels great. No pain. Get it done while you are young. You'll heal quicker and enjoy life better. He wishes he would've.....

I had one scoped when I was 19. My other is causing problems and I'm looking to have it scoped if the symptoms don't go away soon. My dad is on his first replace and my grandfather had 3!

Take care of them things.....

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
jbozzelle said:
freak78 said:
......I actually need a replacement but I'm too young. ........
That's total BS. If the doc told you that I'd run (literally) and get a second opinion. My old man lived a life of knee and back pain because his doc told him the same thing. He had no cartiledge causing joint misalignment and back problems. He was on painkillers a lot of times. I mean I can remember my old man being in his early 30's and having his knees and back bothering him all the time.

His old doc retired a few years back and his new one replaced his knee quick. The new doctor told him he should have had it done years back. Bottom line is he feels great. No pain. Get it done while you are young. You'll heal quicker and enjoy life better. He wishes he would've.....

I had one scoped when I was 19. My other is causing problems and I'm looking to have it scoped if the symptoms don't go away soon. My dad is on his first replace and my grandfather had 3!

Take care of them things.....
My friends wife needs one but our insurance doesn't cover it because she is not "old" enough. :shock:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had both my knee's opened up already. This is the 2nd time for my left knee. The doc said knee replacement's only last about 15 year's and if i had one now I would need another one when I'm in my 50's. that's why I didn't have it done.Right now I had a lateral menicious tear and loose bone and cartlidge floating around, my lateral part of my left knee is bone on bone now due to no cartlidge. Here's a few pic's just click on the link.
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/595046/fullsize/knee.jpg

·
Registered
338 Posts
go ahead and get the replacement now. a freind and neighboring farmer got his done 5 years ago he could barely walk. now hes going better than i can remeber. the younger you are the easyer you will heal and in 15 to 20 years when you need it again emagine how much more advanced the operation will be :D brad

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Get it done if you can! My dad's knee was just like yours. The bone on bone was causing arthritis and also causing his knee to be out of alignment and causing his back problems.

I'd do it if you can. You'll feel better for sure. My grandfather's first one lasted 10 years and that was back in the early 90's when he had it done. It only got changed because of the noise it wa smaking. Those things have advanced so much that they may last longer than expected.....

·
Registered
133 Posts
I feel for you brother. I am laid up from being scoped a week and a half ago. I start PT Monday. I am so happy I could just ****!

I did ask the one nurse if she ever been chased by a guy that just had knee surgery, on crutches and coming off of the anesthesia?

She said "no"

I told her I never tried that kind of maneuver either I am game if she was :mrgreen:

She said she was going to make sure they gave me a little extra.

When I came to, she asked how I was doing? I told her I was felt fine, and if she was still game :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I came out of the anesthesia fine. The only thing I bit a chunck out of my tongue somewhere along the way of waking up. That is taking it's slow time healing.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Iknow your pain

I had a complete ACL replacement In June of 2006 due to a Football injury (chop block) no matter how you look at it it's not fun feels like you are sitting around waisting time because you can't do a whole lot. This was my 2nd on my left knee also. Well I hope all is well get healed up and back toas normal as us car guy's can be.

Dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts