460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have GT kit car (LOVE IT!!!) and a Tesla Model 3. However I am no fanboy and am frustrated by them declaring that Ford is dead already but too stupid to know it. I think that is just silly, see:

The F150 Lightening and the Mach-E look to be very popular and I am thinking about the Mach-E as a replacement for my Tesla M3. Your a gearhead like me... what do you think? Is Ford toast in 10 years or will they still be a power house (pun intended!)

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
376 Posts
Well, I do know they've come out with one electric motor (motor? engine? ) for replacement or "hot rod" use so far... I'mma wait an see if they come out with a big block version an see what it does...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I do know they've come out with one electric motor (motor? engine? ) for replacement or "hot rod" use so far... I'mma wait an see if they come out with a big block version an see what it does...
Ya... EV's might not make the sound of a nice Ford 385 Big Block or a 460 but man they sure can move 3500lbs down the road and one hell of a pace.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
NO Sound, NO Thanks................I simply don't like where the world is heading........too hi-tech for me...lol

I'm going to miss TOP FUEL DRAG RACING.........NO sound like it on EARTH.

Enjoy your muscle cars while you can.

And FORD will be a major player.

Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NO Sound, NO Thanks................I simply don't like where the world is heading........too hi-tech for me...lol

I'm going to miss TOP FUEL DRAG RACING.........NO sound like it on EARTH.

Enjoy your muscle cars while you can.

And FORD will be a major player.

Cheers, Bob
Bob-b-right. Although I love the high tech, I also love the roar. At least EV's are crazy fast.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ford has not be around for 100 years because they don't know what they are doing. Mistakes... lots of them... and some big ones, but I think they are on the right track here and that Trucks are a natural for electrification.

see: Top 10 Reasons Why Real Truck Guys Will Want to Ditch Their Gas / Diesel Engine For Electric

but electrification for real trucks is likely to be in the form of hydrogen, not battery electric.

see:

Battery Electric = gas
Hydrogen = diesel

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would use my solar panels. Can't beat the price of $0. Panels are crazy cheap and work great on the prairies which does not look that different from what you are showing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It sure seems to me like the EV industry has deployed a massive number of people promoting them all of a sudden. Guy has been in this forum 3 days and this is his main focus.. So WHO is paying this guy to run his PSYOP here? Electric motors have maximum torque at Zero RPM and it decreases significantly as rpms go up and you have to run an expensive and exotic battery. OK where are these batteries made and who makes them? Where are the materials from? Nobody EVER seems to want to ask, where is your stockpile of materials and how long will it take you to make 500 MILLION CARS in say the next 10 years? Hmm? How many really big holes do you have to dig to mine that much copper, lithium, lead, etc to make them. NO answer will come because these guys are all snake oil salesmen. It is not a CERTAIN end to the piston engine. Or the turbine engine any time soon. In fact I won't get on an electric airplane probably in my lifetime that can fly more than a few minutes. People have done the math. To have enough battery power to run say a Beechcraft King Air for an hour, the latest battery technology is almost double the gross takeoff weight of the airplane to match the horsepower. Take your snake oil somewhere else.. after you tell us who stated your cult or who is paying you to come on this forum. Prove me wrong with a picture of YOU and toaster in front of your 460.

·
Registered
376 Posts
It is funny how all these 'green' people someone do forget how they are supporting the mining industries of aforementioned copper, lithium, lead, and even aluminum not to speak of other rare earth metals for the magnets needed for the electric motors (engines?). Yeah, that's really going green .. I'll keep on burning dinosaur byproducts as long as they produce it, and even more mass quantities when I finish building my big block!! Global warming be damned!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Don't worry, this EV push will come to a screeching halt in 2-3 years. With a worsening lithium shortage and the unwillingness to expand the electrical generation/distribution infrastructure, green will turn brown. Californians are already being asked to avoid charging their cars during certain hours avoid excessive usage.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Electric vehicles have a place in the line up... but strip mining, child labor, and heavy govt subsidies are needed to keep EV's afloat.

I appreciate that solar panels can provide a free battery charge... but when panels and batteries are sourced from communist China using child labor... well, it sure won't win friends in developed countries.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would use my solar panels. Can't beat the price of $0. Panels are crazy cheap and work great on the prairies which does not look that different from what you are showing.
Once you take away the Green WELFARE aka "Public Assistance" aka Section 8 transportation, from an expensive car that Leftists have in place, will EV cars still be viable? Not likely. Just so all of the EV psychos understand, you are driving that expensive car on the back of all Taxpayers and your neighbors. This is the one case where saying, ""you didn't build that" or buy that on your own hard work" is actually True.
This Green WELFARE B.S. has to stop. It wreaks and oozes of "no taxation without representation."

·
Registered
376 Posts
Well stated... When they can make an EV that's not made from stuff that's mined in open pits, or relies on some sort of child labor, or even isn't such a environmental hazard when you try to scrap the damned things, then they can drive it over my cold dead grave...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts