460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure this would be as good a chance as any for "our kind" to clean out the shelves and scare up some gas money.

Post what your looking for and maybe some other members have it to bring to the meet.

·
Registered
123 Posts
swap meet

I've suggested something like this earlier + got no comments.

I need stuff for a 460, rear sump:
starter, L+L headers, motor mounts, altenator, 180* thermostat, axle shafts for a rear D60, a complete front D60, any body parts (not including the bed) for a 78 F250 4 by. 460 block- early model, D-3 heads, + misc interior parts.

·
8,521 Posts
:) If one has some "stuff" to to "unload' at the BBF bash.... 8) .....we are not pro-promoters and will not have an area for big time "pro" swap guys..if anyone has an used carb , valve covers , rocker arms , etc . please bring them on....put E'm on the tail gate and get it on......it is a struggle to do what we are doing and aint got time to police a flea market :wink:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Lem Evans said:
:) .if anyone has an used carb , valve covers , rocker arms , etc . please bring them on....put E'm on the tail gate and get it on......:wink:
cool, maybe I can find a Charlie Evans Racing Engines decal..they're a collectible I hear :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
stangr8cr said:
I also hear those Evans stickers are worth another 50 horsepower. Gotta get me some of those!!!

Keith Sherry
Allright now. :lol: You boys can "trip" over those decals all you want to, but I only put them on the heads I port, and I promise you they are worth 50 Horsepower or more! :wink:

Take care,

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hmmm, seems like I ended up with one on a top to my intake somehow also, so YOU DON"T JUST PUT THEM ON HEADS!!!!!!!!!! But, I will appreciate the extra 50 horsepower so thanks again. Just givin you a hard time. Chris

·
Registered
123 Posts
parts

Hey now, I wasn't thinking about my needs specifically. You posed a question, and suggested a want's / needs list. I know this is more of a racers forum, I just agreed with your idea. I just thought the idea of a swap meet was doable so I listed my needs.
I'm sure most of these racers will be using trucks to bring their cars.

Lem, this event is the perfect place for you guys to "set up a retail shop / tent".
I appreciate all the effort you guy's are putting into this event and can understand your time is stretched. I was not thinking that someone would actually use an event like this to rip someone off, so policing was never in my thoughts.
Thanks for all ya'll have done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts