460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Are you looking for something in particular? Almost anything can be had here if you ask.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm involved in team demolition derby. Our team fields about 12-14 385's per race. Our sport has evolved past your typical backwoods demo derbys and we are constantly looking for lower budget performance upgrades. Likewise, we have accumulated an inventory of parts that quite a few of you on here would be interested in too.

We are looking for rugged, high energy ignition systems that will perform under the abuse that is a part of our sport.

We are always searching for cylinder heads, intakes, and bottom end assemblies. We prefer C8VE and C9Ve heads because it is faster, easier, and cheaper for our engine guy to port out our exhausts.

We are playing around with different bottom end combinations too. We like the power that we can achieve from the flat top pistons, but the lower compression mid-70's pistons seem to keep the engines from getting super hot by the end of the heats.

I would just like to be able to see and compare the different components that are available.

Plus, my engine guy is totally computer illiterate :wink:, as I am somewhat assembly illiterate. I have trouble communicating a lot of what I learn on here into terms that this guy can understand so seeing people in person would help a lot.

As I mentioned, I have parts that I would also like to sell. I have 2 D00E cast CJ intakes that I recently aquired. I don't know what they're worth, if anything at all. I come across a lot of the basic 'stuff' that I see mentioned in this auction block, a lot.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Intakes are worth what ever the next guy is willing to pay. I'd put em on FleaBay. They seem to bring a few bucks there. I can get em for about $40 bucks around here because they are on a lot of industrial irrigation motors. As far as the heads, I have a set of C9's completely rebuild with studs guideplates and completely rebuilt with some minor port and polish that I would let go, send me a pm if you are interested. Otherwise the bare castings you can get from a lot of people here, Paul Kane comes to mind, but there are a lot of others too. Bottom ends are easy also just find someone who works on industrial stuff, mostly NG and LPG run in these and the heads get wore out but the bottom ends are in great shape.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i've got a set of stock dove-c's that came off a good running motor that have been collecting dust for a couple years. i'm about 20 minutes outside chicago. let me know if your interested

1 - 6 of 6 Posts