Over the winter I decided to move my monster tach from the steering column to the dash but I didn't like the look of it just bolted on. I saw on a program once that someone said try a piece of exhaust pipe as a housing. Well after a long time fitting adjusting and on and on I finally got it back from paint, it's satin black and needs another day before assembly but I think it turned out pretty good. The shift light piece still attaches for easy access and there's mounting points inside to fix to the dash. It bolts to the metal portion and rests on the dash pad. It may not be eveyones idea of a good mounting point but I like it!