460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the winter I decided to move my monster tach from the steering column to the dash but I didn't like the look of it just bolted on. I saw on a program once that someone said try a piece of exhaust pipe as a housing. Well after a long time fitting adjusting and on and on :D I finally got it back from paint, it's satin black and needs another day before assembly but I think it turned out pretty good. The shift light piece still attaches for easy access and there's mounting points inside to fix to the dash. It bolts to the metal portion and rests on the dash pad. It may not be eveyones idea of a good mounting point but I like it!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey someone in my backyard! Thanks. What seemed an easy idea turned into a lot bigger project then expected but when finally assembled and bolted down I think will look pretty nice. I'll add more pics when done and can add the build pics if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Yeh, I guess your not too far away!! We've been through Kincardine several times, have to look you up next time!!

I think its cool when guys take the hand made route instead of just buying stuff. It adds a lot more pride when you can say "I built that".

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts