460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey alright well i just hooked up tachometer, in my puller and i just want to be able to use the playback mode to record my run, i have no way of really testin it i guess, so i am wondering if i need some type of switch to trigger my launch like a transbrake or something but of course i dont run one so i can i just hook up a toggle switch or something or how do i do this? so i guess what i am asking is what do i need to do with the blue wire?

this is my tach
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATM-6864/

i need to get it working for the event tomorrow lol

thanks any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The blue wire is the trigger wire , if you have no transbrake or line lock and race off the foot brake the best way would be to power up the blue wire just prior to going into stage so it starts recording at that point.

Hope that helps . A toggle or push pull switch would be a good option.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The blue wire is the trigger wire , if you have no transbrake or line lock and race off the foot brake the best way would be to power up the blue wire just prior to going into stage so it starts recording at that point.

Hope that helps . A toggle or push pull switch would be a good option.
ya thats what i did but i didnt work, never said launch or anything ill have to recheck it i guess

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry i just looked at instructions, The blue wire only needs momentary power to activate the recording function.
Permant power will not allow recording.
So I guess a momentary push button will be best.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry i just looked at instructions, The blue wire only needs momentary power to activate the recording function.
Permant power will not allow recording.
So I guess a momentary push button will be best.
alright thats how i understood it as well but i would think that flipping the toggle on then off would do it. but i will just need to find myslef a momentary switch. and wire it up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts