460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our neighborhood has a break out, a couple houses down the house had to be gutted and the wood all replaced. We now have them. Going to get an exterminator, but if other neighbors don't treat for them they will come back. And knowing out neighbors they won't!

Anybody had luck with any of the store bought stuff to slow them down until we can get an exterminator here? Any of that stuff really good for keeping them from coming back? ATM we appear to have no serious damage, lucked out on that but want to keep it that way. They are eating the deck. It is going to be removed, and only the floor/roof/inside frame of the house is wood.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Our neighborhood has a break out, a couple houses down the house had to be gutted and the wood all replaced. We now have them. Going to get an exterminator, but if other neighbors don't treat for them they will come back. And knowing out neighbors they won't!

Anybody had luck with any of the store bought stuff to slow them down until we can get an exterminator here? Any of that stuff really good for keeping them from coming back? ATM we appear to have no serious damage, lucked out on that but want to keep it that way. They are eating the deck. It is going to be removed, and only the floor/roof/inside frame of the house is wood.
We don't get termites but we do have is earwigs. What I do is put a couple of cap fulls of dishwashing detergent in a 2-3 gallon garden sprayer and go around the foundation of the house once or twice a year and in pretty much takes care of the problem. We hardly ever see an earwig any more. Haven't seen one yet this year and haven't even sprayed yet. This trick will work on a lot of different types of insects.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, the funny thing is I searched for termite treatment and never seen that. After reading your post I put termite and dishwashing liquid and see it. We are getting some of the stakes for the ground but will spray the foundation first. I don' know how long it will take before they come spray the house. I live out in the middle of nowhere not many people to choose from. It will be next week before they even come and look at the house and I read they can eat 15lbs of wood a week. I'm not going to mess around on this!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts