460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to do some testing last night with the new injector . I let off the button on the top amber and just floored it when the bottom amber came on. I was doing this to eliminate any questions of it loading up on the 2 step because I was tuning it in.

I will say I am not overly impressed with the injection so far , but I don't feel it is tuned in properly yet. So far the injection runs cooler and burns about twice as much alcohol and is slower than my quick fuel carb . I am sure its a little fat and will keep on tuning.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
This is alky carb vs alky injection Nick, and to some its the program we want to run............

Randy aint no heads up wanna be career test n tuner.............. :D:D

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats a pretty tough question Nick :D . This injection works mainly off of pressure and allows unlimited tunability.

The throttle response is unbelievable , but that don't mean squat when you are leaving off of a transbrake at 5000 rpm or so.

What it does allow you to do is leave with a super rich tune off the line and it builds cylinder pressure, you clean it up in the upper rpm range with a high speed lean out.

I like it and I like my carb too :D .

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Thats a pretty tough question Nick :D . This injection works mainly off of pressure and allows unlimited tunability.

The throttle response is unbelievable , but that don't mean squat when you are leaving off of a transbrake at 5000 rpm or so.

What it does allow you to do is leave with a super rich tune off the line and it builds cylinder pressure, you clean it up in the upper rpm range with a high speed lean out.

I like it and I like my carb too :D .

That throttle response is amazing!! Sounds great.

Keep tweekin, you'll get there.

Bill

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Get er done there bud.:D Just have Uncle Charlie talk to some of them boys that brew their own and run some of that home brew in it.:D

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
That's why I like my Faith Air induction so much,Tweetybird only uses 2 quarts of alky on a 1/8 mile pass;) The throttle response is unreal on the injection though!!:D

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
That's a nasty BaaaaD engine IMO. 951 Hp (on gasoline), out of a P-51 headed 562 is nice:) I hope Lem, Jet Boat Bob and I, get to build some more of them, because it's a good race proven combo. Randy took it to the semi-finals of Super-Pro at the BB Ford Bash, then a couple of weeks later he won the Dixie Door Slammers event in Tennessee. Keep up the good work Randy & Becca!

Uncle Charlie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts