460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting rid of a few projects & I am thinking of selling the engine out of my 49 ford 4x4 mud truck,

Details are 486 CI (4.530 bore x 3.77 stroke)
O-ringed SVO block, (older non roller cam bearing)
Offset ground forged 429 crank, (big 1.75 dia snout)
Vinolia aluminum rods, & vinolia flatop pistons, (12:1)
I do not know the cam specs but I seem to remember .821 lift
Heads are Ford motorsport A-heads that have a fair amount of port work, they are stamped "Batten heads"
HS roller rockers, & Jomar stud girtle round out the top side,

The Intake is a new style A-head tunnel ram with a fabricated top, on top of that is a Littlefield 14-71 High hielix delta plate blower, (25% over driven with 14mm belt & pullies) , enderle bird catcher with old style barrel valve,

Oil system is a Peterson dry sump system (2 scavange 1 pressure) pump, modified Steffs aluminum pan, includes remote filter, oil tank, & all lines,

Odds & ends, Billet timing cover, all aluminum brackets (Tensioner & oil pump mounting)

Custom MSD crank trigger, low prifile distributor, taylor 10.4 wires, blower restraints, Injection includes High speed, extra pills, spare cam driven 110A pump, filter lines, (hat & port injected)
Aluminum flywheel, 1/4" steel mid plate

If wanted I'll through in the custom fenderwell exit 2 3/8" headers & 4500 RPM Edge, (Pro Edge) converter setup for the mid plate,

When I bought the engine it was complete & supposed to be fresh, I got it home disassemble & found that to be true, (new rods, pistons, bearings, lifters Had seen some use but were in great condition, I had the heads disassemble inspected, & touched up before going back togeather, I also Had JR at RBS superchargers restrip, reseal, & inspect the blower, before it went back on,

After makeng sure the engine was 100% I used it for 2 seasons before wrecking the truck, (rolled) the engine was shut off before the truck came to rest on it's side (I have video proof of this)
In 2 seasons I only managed to get approx 30, 80-175ft passes & a couple good runs out at the sand dunes,
Never driven without an air filter,

The only thing I can think of that is not so good is last time I changed plugs the #2 cylinder the plug started feeling a litte rough (threads) this may need repaired,
That & the engine could you a little elbow grease in the polishing department,

I used an MSD10 ignition system with good results, but I have since used it in another project, however, the crank trigger, wheel, & low profile distributor is all still with the engine,

I am going to start buy asking $15K with everything listed, I'll listen to any reasonble offer, (worst I can say is no, right)

I'm sure I have forgot something, so do not hesitate to ask a question if you have any,

Pick of the engine in the truck,

·
Registered
368 Posts
That has been my favorite truck ever since the first time I saw it. I hate that its coming apart, but good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
76 Posts
parting out

would you be interested in just selling the intake, blower, and hat. If so how much for them. thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For now I would like to keep the combo togeather, it works real well & in one piece it is easy to drop in & make anything scary powerful, if I decide to part at a later date I'll let you know.

·
Registered
379 Posts
How much power do you think its making right now? just wonderin because i got a buddy who is building a similar blower motor and he wants to know

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Quick ,somebody sponsor me!!! I need this motor in Tweetybird :lol: That's just totally awesome!! :shock:

·
Registered
167 Posts
this is a little off topic , just curious as to what front diff you have , 60 or 70? I have a centered diff 70 in my 79 f-350 that looks almost identical

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
bump for leroy im going out there if somone wants it hauled back to them im going from michigan to nevada and back mid february

1 - 20 of 40 Posts