460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Texas , a woman was called in front of a grand jury for possible manslaughter charges after she shot a mugger in the back six times as he was running away with her purse. He had grabbed her purse and ran. She had her hand on her gun inside the purse and when he ran with the purse she was left holding just the gun.

When asked by the grand jury why she shot him six times in the back as he was running, under oath she replied “Because when I pulled the trigger the 7th time, it only went click.”

She was acquitted of all charges because that’s the way it is in Texas and the way it should be everywhere.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I agree 100%. That is why the Glock has 13+1 and the HiPoint has 10+1. Come into my place uninvited or try to steal something of mine and we'll just see how much lead you can hold.;)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I sure wish it was like that here!! A bad guy has to think about what size pipe is gonna be stickin in his face when he breaks into someone's pad.

Nobody has the right to take someone elses stuff, if you do, well, you deserve whats comin to ya!!:p

Gonna have to move!!

Bill

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Now don't go shootin' some guy that comes up your driveway because his car broke down near you and he needs a little help or phone...

·
Registered
823 Posts
Does Texas have a Castle Doctrine? Here in NJ you are not allowed to defend yourself or you go to jail for a long time, you must submit to whatever the bad guy wants or else you have to go through a lengthy trial to prove your innocence against wahtever charges the State brings against you. If you use a gun to defend yourself you may as well be ready to spend the rest of your life in prison, but at least most rooms at the prison here have an excellent view of the river.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Our laws are set up to protect criminals :mad:

I think if anyone breaks into your house its definately a threat since you do not know the intentions of the lowlife doing so.

It should be open season if they do.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Does Texas have a Castle Doctrine? Here in NJ you are not allowed to defend yourself or you go to jail for a long time, you must submit to whatever the bad guy wants or else you have to go through a lengthy trial to prove your innocence against wahtever charges the State brings against you. If you use a gun to defend yourself you may as well be ready to spend the rest of your life in prison, but at least most rooms at the prison here have an excellent view of the river.

Wow, you need to move.:eek:
In Kentucky you can use deadly force to protect yourself or someone else, but we can not use deadly force to protect our property. It is simple here, never shoot them in the back.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Yes TX does have Castle Doctrine. It also has provisions if you are asked by another home owner to guard his property also. If your neighbor leaves for vacation and asks you to watch his house, you can TCB on his property as if it were your own.;):)

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats kind of how it is in NC but until he starts into your house, buildings, cars all you can do is ask him to leave once he starts in it is open season

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I think even in texas the defense of property such as a purse or other item wouldn't fly. And justly so because even though we know a lot of thugs probably "deserve" to be shot, that'd be way too easy of an excuse if someone were to shoot someone else. And what about situations of confusion? Say some kid told his friend that it was ok to borrow dad's truck for some odd job but dad didn't know about it at all? Friend gets in truck and starts to drive off and is shot dead. Could be a big mess. And if someone is simply on your property but not aggressive or breaking into your house, why would we assume they're up to no good? Like I mentioned earlier, their car could be broke down or maybe they're just confused and lost. Ever heard of Alzheimer's? So the laws of deadly force being ok to protect oneself from a real threat only are about right, in my opinion. All else should be case-by-case. Like a purse snatcher that runs prob shouldn't be shot, at least not to kill. A purse snatcher who corners a lady while holding her at gun or knife point is fair game though, as that's a direct and real threat to her well-being. I think it should be legal to hold a thief at gun point until cops get there and I also think that warning shots should NOT be considered use of deadly force, as they are. I know that's because some will say that the person firing the warning shot was actually trying to shoot the other person but missed. So what? If they missed, it was a warning shot.

·
Registered
457 Posts
:D:D check out this site,http://OpenCarry.org , some of us folks here in arkansas have a petition to reinstate our right to openly carry and defend ourselves against such B.S. if any arkie`s see this and feel the way some of us do please visit http://www.Arkansascarry.com and sign the petition:D

·
Registered
555 Posts
WHAT??!!!...hehe......This is how we roll!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raCOwjbje7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s376ZbPG-OM

1 - 20 of 31 Posts