460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Scotty,

I have been reading the BBF forum for about 1.5 years. I must say that there is a tremendous amount of information that is put forth by experts. I thank you. I bought a '87 Mustang w/ a 545 by CHP. The engine has Probe flats with -3cc tops, Crane solid w/ .621 lift with 292 duration and 72 overlap degrees @.020. RPM range is 4200 to 7200. Stall is 4000rpm. The heads are Dove with light polish and 2.25 and 1.76 valves. BG 850 carb on a Stealth. Gears are 3.27( a little high). Exhaust is Hooker Comp with 2" tubes and 3.5" collector, exhaust pipes and mufflers.

I would like to stay with the above combination except add alum heads and some new ceramic headers. My present compression is 13.3:1 however I would like to reduce it to 11.5 to 12.5. Can I use the Street heads to get the chamber volume increased to mid 80's to low90's. Or what other options are available?

Thank you for your help.

Mike

·
Registered
294 Posts
Scotty,

Sorry about the pm. I can not find it.

My question was about using BT heads with the std Ford exhaust location since you can get 80cc chamber. Then I could use all parts when installing the BT like the Eds. Of the two heads and considering my present build and future HP goals which would you use? The 545 has the normal 4.390 bore and 4.5 stroke. I would have the BT or Eds ported to stage 3 which includes chamber mods, full exhaust port and some intake work.

Thank you for your help.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.