460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the great Kentucky hospitality. Everyone I met was top notch. Charlie, Thanks for the steak dinner at the Roadhouse and taking me around Owensboro to meet some of the guy's from the forum. Also it was very kind of you to insist that I stay at your place, and treat me like family as well as giving me the grand tour of the shop. Bobby Small you have an awesome car, can't wait until you post some numbers and shake the thing down, again nice meeting you too. Phillip, a pleasure doing business with you and meeting your crew, even though you almost did not let me take it home with me because of the brand of truck I was driving :wink: I will say one of the best things about the trip was seeing that 1860 Cap and Ball Colt Army Model hanging on the wall at "The Old South Restaurant" I can honestly only say thats the second one that I have ever saw, counting my own.

Again , I had a great time even though I did not get to meet Lem. However I did speak with Lem this evening and he is going to try and hook up with Bill down in St. Pete this week and check a few of his other cars out. Maybe next time Lem.

Thanks again, Travis 8)

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Travis,

You're more than welcome. It was good seeing you again and I'm glad you made it home to Maryland safely, through the ice and snow, with your new engine. I think you'll enjoy your 1150 Hp bullet.

You did pick up on that pistol, like a bird dog on point and therefore I'm glad we chose that restuarant for breakfast. By the way, I appreciate you picking up the tab. As Daddy used to say, a good time was had by all!

Later,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts