460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for taking the time to help me out this week. If any of you don't know about Frank Merkl, he's the "MAN" when it comes to the C6. Frank talked me through a lot stuff on my recent tranny fix. He also has a few aces up his sleeve on modifiying these transmisions to work even better. If you think the C6 is a slow, power draining tranny, Frank and his boy have one that has gone over `180mph in the 1/4 mile.:eek::)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to help me out this week. If any of you don't know about Frank Merkl, he's the "MAN" when it comes to the C6. Frank talked me through a lot stuff on my recent tranny fix. He also has a few aces up his sleeve on modifiying these transmisions to work even better. If you think the C6 is a slow, power draining tranny, Frank and his boy have one that has gone over `180mph in the 1/4 mile.:eek::)
X2 on that...:D:cool:

Doug...:cool:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
X3 For sure!! Fantastic resource. He helped me out a bunch too.

Bill

·
Registered
175 Posts
Multiplying the above kudos... my C6 is working awesome. I just have to learn how best to footbrake my 4000 stall converter. Last time out I was leaving at about 1800 rpm. This weekend I'm going to push it as far as I can.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ok people, lets not go overboard here. Everyone knows a POS C6 can't live in a door car going 180 mph. I figured out how Frank has been doing it. I snuck over to his shop when he was in having his daily coffee in Brooks, and discovered he's been running a glide inside a hollowed out C6 case. He must have got the idea from the Dodge boys back in the 90's.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't care if he's running a Lenco inside a hollowed out C6 case that stang hauls the mail.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts