460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lem, I got my new belt & seals for my Danny Bee. Much appreciated.. Should have it all back together this weekend.

For those of you that don't know, a big Dummy(that would be me ) nicked his timing belt with a dremel tool. :oops:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on Randy, don't tell everything you know!!! :lol:

By the way, nice video you posted.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I am just plain mean ain't I :lol: . Thanks about the video be nice if it had sound. It took me about 2 weeks to figure out how to get it loaded :lol: . I am going to be fancy this weekend putting an egt in the car, but its borrowed so its not staying weighs too much :lol: . Good luck if you go racing.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually Saturday, we are going up to C&C Motorsports. It worked out this weekend to where me, Ron & David Sykes, & Carroll Carters schedules allowed us to get together to discuss where we are going on the hemi build. Plus I have to pick up another piece of my hemi puzzle. I probably won't race until FFW in Virginia. I just got the BIG Mastercard bill from the BBF Bash !!! :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
cougar1969 said:
Chris I will trade you your mastercard bill for my Dr and hospital bill :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: , trust me you want the Mastercard bill.

Randy
I don't know. that old chebby was mighty thirsty through the mountains :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
My truck too..

My truck was a little thirsty too. 7 mpg all the way there and back. :shock: We spent over 600 in gas. But I got a T-shirt !!!! :D

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: My truck too..

cletus66 said:
My truck was a little thirsty too. 7 mpg all the way there and back. :shock: We spent over 600 in gas. But I got a T-shirt !!!! :D
Jeff, 7mpg ???? That is SIPPING FUEL buddy!!! :lol: My truck towing gets 6 mpg on flat land. I can only imagine what it was going up Black Mountain!! I wish $600 was all I spent. :( What the hell, I had a great time anyway !!! :D

Damon. It aint that funny .............................. :lol: :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Chris, our fuel bill was $200 :) Wish you could of been at the track last Sunday with ous. People could not belive that a lenco car could cut .001 and .002 lights on a pro tree. The heads up races around here are a lot of fun. Try not to cut your new belt to get it to go around the pulleys :lol:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BuddyThomas said:
Chris, our fuel bill was $200 :) Wish you could of been at the track last Sunday with ous. People could not belive that a lenco car could cut .001 and .002 lights on a pro tree. The heads up races around here are a lot of fun. Try not to cut your new belt to get it to go around the pulleys :lol:
I have locked up the Dremel tool & anything with a sharp edges... :lol:

I fiddled with it about 5 minutes yesterday & she be tight!!! I think I can figure it out though. Do you have any little tricks that you have learned to get it on a little easier?

I will admit that you & Mark are kicking some serious butt!!! I wished we lived closer. I'd like to see if you could chase this old slow Stang of mine down... :wink:

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Chris,

I assume that you know to turn the idler eccentric in from a counterclockwise direction, so that you don't pinch the belt underneath the cam gear. Also guys, you can get the timing belt too tight, so follow the directions in the instructions.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
60 Posts
Fun and games

Chris,
It was all fun and games until the last run. Buddy kept inching me to the left to get me off of a bald spot in the track. On the last run it was enough to get me out of the groove. Yes it had a .002 light but the next thing I saw was the concrete guard rail. After soiling my driving suit I just idled down the track and called it a night.
Mark

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BuddyThomas said:
Chris, just cut it into and super glue it back together. :p
Buddy, I thought about that but I like I said. I have locked everything up with a sharp edge... :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts