460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took the Cougar out of the garage tonight while waiting for a guy to show up. I just went up and down my street a few times. No issues really, Brakes are grabby.. Small fuel leak (a drip every 20 seconds) and the shifter needs adjusting. I tried to launch it on my street. First time with this car/engine. I said to myself "wtf this is easy, load it to 2K, drop the hammer right?" :lol:
That didn't go so well.

I let off the brake, it starts spinning, I said "eh what can go wrong?" so I nailed the throttle to the firewall. Nittos are NOISY tires.. after 2 car lengths and getting squirrelly, I let up. :oops: I pulled back into my driveway shaking my head saying wtf was that :shock:

"Respect the Cougar".

:twisted:

Took some pics too. Most of you have seen. I did start removing the trim on one side of the car. Basically I need to fix the broken things, change the mufflers, try another carb, buy a carpet, and... well. paint it. 8) I suck at videos, and the interior is still in the works.. Ignore the trailer hitch that was a makeshift wheelchock :rolleyes:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I know the front rims are just dirty, but at a glance, they look like the Bullit wheels from the newer mustangs in grey. I really like that look on a black car. Car looks sharp w/o the trim as well...

WOnder what the shifter would look like with the chrome body removed and a matching leather/vinyl cover in it's place? (like a shift boot)

Jim

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jim W said:
I know the front rims are just dirty, but at a glance, they look like the Bullit wheels from the newer mustangs in grey. I really like that look on a black car. Car looks sharp w/o the trim as well...

WOnder what the shifter would look like with the chrome body removed and a matching leather/vinyl cover in it's place? (like a shift boot)

Jim
It'd look like the B&M hammer shifter I had in there that I sold. :p I lucked out with the trim, I figured the doors would have holes all along, but it's studs that I can easily grind off. I have a GOOD Photoshop I did that I need to upload of what I'm doing, but I'm fairly sure I told you already.

Jones, the valve covers are old Mickey Thompsons that I painted with silver refrigerator epoxy paint, along with the air cleaner lid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts