460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, it's started. Some of the racers are already in town and the party is on! Of course more are arriving tomorrow (Thursday). Many of you will go to the track and get yourself pitted and then we're all planning to gather around 7:30 or so, at the Texas Roadhouse for supper and bench racing. Every effort is being made for Dave Freelander's BB Ford engine to be on the dyno out at AM&P (270)729-5556 in Philpot, KY. although tonight Mike ran into problems with the pushrod lengths. So I can't say for sure when it will be on.

Friday morning be at the dragstrip for a full day of racing (time trials and grudge racing), then Friday night we're all grilling and cooking at the track. Bring something to eat, drink,,,, or just contribute in some fashion. It's a full moon weekend, so no telling how big the partying is going to get afterwards.:)

Saturday morning we'll start eliminations and have Super Pro and Pro categories in regular bracket racing style. Saturday afternoon the regular Windy Hollow racers will start rolling in and I want to encourage all of you to enter the regular Saturday night program and show those Chevy guys how good our Ford stuff runs!

See Ya'!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hey Charlie

Its sounds like you guys are going to have a great time! Hope the weekend goes down without any problems for you guys.

Tom

PS: Is Randy going to ride the bull thru the Texas Road House again? !! Keep the camera rolling!!!

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
You guys be careful and have plenty of fun. Wish I was there, but it just isn't going to happen this time around. Keep us posted on the good times.:)

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its sounds like you guys are going to have a great time! Hope the weekend goes down without any problems for you guys.

Tom

PS: Is Randy going to ride the bull thru the Texas Road House again? !! Keep the camera rolling!!!
Unfortunately Randy Bischel is not coming this year. We'll all miss him! However Randy Malik from Detroit is already here, and he's already had a big thick juicy steak at the Roadhouse,,,, no bull riding though.:)

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I'll pay $10 for a pic of Malik on that bull.:D Do the gal's at the Roadhouse have Coug withdrawals?

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll pay $10 for a pic of Malik on that bull.:D Do the gal's at the Roadhouse have Coug withdrawals?
Here's the real deal. Randy B, (the Coug) was banned from our local Roadhouse last year, after he got that waitress (Constance) pregnant out in the parking lot in his crew cab.:) So, yes you can say the girls are having Coug withdrawals,,,he-he-he, or maybe he didn't withdraw quick enough!:)

As for getting Malik riding a bull, I don't think that's going to happen,,,,,, it's more like he was eating a bull (steak) :)

The best pictures might come from Friday night,,,, some of these racers are gonna' be howling at the full moon!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Dyno

Charlie,

What time and where for the dyno? I told my wife on the way that seeing a dyno run in person would just top off a great weeked.

Kerry

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
NO DONT BEAT SOME CHEVYS `!!!!!BEAT ALL THE CHEVYS!!!!!!!!! good luck to everyone and be safe and have fun looks like it going to be a wet one here again this weekend

·
Registered
159 Posts
Have a great and safe time, been on the fence for some time as to where I was heading this weekend. well my wife Becky made the decision and had her gall blader removed on tuesday so It will be no where once again. It is June now and have only had the car out once for testing. did run 9.16 @146.5 though 100 lbs heavy.
wish I was there have a great time.

Colin

·
Registered
407 Posts
Bash

I will be coming for the first time. My car is broke but another newcomer Larry Turner is bringing his Stang for Super Pro. We will arrive friday afternoon. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Russ Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Hope yall get it in with out gettin wet, it raining here in NC, and there is a 80% chance tommorow and a 35% saturday, Good Luck:D

·
Registered
371 Posts
EVERYONE, have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well guys, about 60 BB Ford racers gathered at the Texas Roadhouse tonight and it was ON! Great food, serious bench racing, a lot of smack talking,,,,,,, and Damon's 39th birthday. So the guy in the saddle tonight was Damon, and we did our best to embarass him. Tracy wasn't around because she was a little under the weather, so while the wife was gone,,,,,Damon was all over Monica. Shame on him! There's some pictures to be posted later, of Damon kissing on her (Monica) and misbehaving in general. :)

It was good to have Donald Bowles and his crew chief Doug with us tonight, they have to leave tomorrow and go race at Maple Grove, PA. We're looking forward to a great day of racing tomorrow at the Hollow,,,,,,I think we're going to have some really good air!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Weather update..:D

Currently at 6:30am....it 55* and SUNNY. Headed for a high of 80*, gotta love this cooler weather !!!:cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts