460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:twisted: Here is the latest victim for Dr Frankenslater's garage :twisted:

That 289 is a nice motor, but right at 1/2 the cid that is planned. If it passes mag, I have an A460 Block already bored to 4.5 just waiting to fall into that engine compartment.

I figure a 572 on pump gas should give with 750-800 hp N/A (1.3-1.4 hp/cid) with a streetable tune (600-750 rpm idle). Add 250-300hp of nitrous with a second C-16 fuel system and hold on.

My goal is to run the 5.8 index, change tires then drive home in A/C comfort. I really think that might upset some people

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Cool

That's a nice start right there !!!! :D Now do you want to hear the story about the one I let get away because i didn't have 150 bucks? About 15 years ago. :( Keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
If you don't mind me asking....how much did you pay for that, and where did you get it? I see the Colorado plates on the car, is that where you are? Nice looking car. I've always got my eyes out for nice unmolested projects like that.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is a lot nicer than I thought. It has a near perfect interior and absolutely no rust that I can find. I came with a 65 console that has a floor shifter in it that will work perfect for a reverse pattern valve body.

My builder called me and told me the A460 block I found passed mag. With the forged SVO 4.5 stroke I bought last year the motor for this car will be 572.

I went in my little room of parts and found the 35 spline axles and spool I bought a few years ago are the perfect width for a 9" housing I have which just happens to fit this car.

Sorry about being a bit excited, but I have want to build one of these cars for a long time and have somewhat been actively buying parts and parts cars for around 9 years.

I gotta finish that damn yellow car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts