460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I said a few months ago that Force was trying out a new motor for his funny car based on a Ford. Here is the news from NHRA.com from Force about what is going on right now.

"Jimmy [Prock, Hight's crew chief] and John [Medlen, team crew chief] like to try things. They like to experiment. Right now I'm the one running all the experimental things."

I asked if part of his trials and tribulations had anything to do with the Ford-built nitro motors they're slowly adding into the power equation.

"We're trying some things, yeah," Force said. "We ran the Ford heads last week and they looked good. The first blocks should be done in 30 days or so. It's exciting."

So there is the word from the man himself at least it will give me something else to watch with NHRA drag racing.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
They'll let em do all their R&D testing, and they'll let em run them down the track a few times to shake the bugs out, but then the NHRA will kill it!! :evil:
They'll stop it dead in its tracks, and ban it from competition. The NHRA does'nt want change, they want everything to remain the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts