460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this cars body style, everyone I see at track looks bad azz. these guys always putting chevy motors into fords. Now I can show the chevy guys how to make a chevy car go fast.(with my ford motor in it)*:lol:* *1965 Chevy II nova

·
Registered
666 Posts
I like the idea of changing things up.

I say go for it and show them how a ford powered Chevy gets work done rather than the Chevy powered fords blow up.

Will it be a street car or strip?

·
Registered
666 Posts
A welder and torch is a great tool lol!!!!

I like the fact that you guys are doing the swap or have done the swap. around here people look at my car and say why a big block. They just don't understand lol..... Keep us posted if you decide to make the swap

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan on a 25.2 cage in it with back half ladder bar set up. And this front clip will make things pretty simple in the engine bay area.

·
Registered
666 Posts
That will be nice and look clean too.
Are you going to order per fab ladder bar or build your own?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I really like that front end where did you find it I could use something like that for my 66falcon project when I get ready to start it.

I was also going to order pre fab rear just to make life simple. i own a fab shop and could prob build it all but we are so full and I need to finish my other projects first I have 2 going now no need to start a 3 until I get at least 1 done lol!!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really like that front end where did you find it I could use something like that for my 66falcon project when I get ready to start it.

I was also going to order pre fab rear just to make life simple. i own a fab shop and could prob build it all but we are so full and I need to finish my other projects first I have 2 going now no need to start a 3 until I get at least 1 done lol!!
chris alston chassis works

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hey thanks I will check them out. Good luck with your build - mike

·
Registered
900 Posts
Ford

What's up ever get you mustang to the track. Love this build I always wante to do that. Im living done the street from you know off Goddard. I cant wait to see BBf in that Chevy.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What's up ever get you mustang to the track. Love this build I always wante to do that. Im living done the street from you know off Goddard. I cant wait to see BBf in that Chevy.
I should be at track in a few weeks, u should come by and check out the mustang. i will pm my #

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had to pull my engine from the mustang today, so while it was out I did a lil test fit in the nova:D Going to have alot it lower but this is low as I could get it without cutting my motor plate.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
looks good! Throw another one in there! Mine gets a lot of looks and people love that no one has ever done it.

Heres my 521 in my 1987 pontiac firebird. You have a lot more room than me since mines OEM engine bay and Kmember.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
looks good! Throw another one in there! Mine gets a lot of looks and people love that no one has ever done it.

Heres my 521 in my 1987 pontiac firebird. You have a lot more room than me since mines OEM engine bay and Kmember.
hows it run? e.t?

·
Registered
296 Posts

If you want to check out trick front ends for your Falcon, look into TCI and Fatman Fab. Both have front end kits and TCI has rear end kits too. All basically bolt in kits. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
hows it run? e.t?
Not bad, these BBFs put out a ton a heat, cooling system is working great now but took a while to work out all the bugs. But now with the EFI, GM OD trans and stuff she's much better on start ups and crusining. Only been to the track once and she ran 12.2 with a 1.8 60 ft but she wasn't reving above 4000-4500.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts