460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the price of gas skyrocketed, so did the price of kerosene for my shop heater. But now that gas prices have come back down, where is the price of kerosene at???? Thaaaaats right, kerosene per gallon is as high as it's ever been around here..........Bastards!

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Problem is alot of the Distributors purchased fuel at the old prices and people where holding out to buy, now the have commitiments at the old prices and can't drop the price until those quantities are sold..... it Sucks !!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
We put diesel in the heaters at the shop......Off-road diesel when we can get it. Of course, with gas prices dropping, they're in no big hurry to drop the price of diesel proportionately. I second the "Bastards" label.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Maverick said:
We put diesel in the heaters at the shop......Off-road diesel when we can get it. Of course, with gas prices dropping, they're in no big hurry to drop the price of diesel proportionately. I second the "Bastards" label.
I can't run Diesel in my heater :shock: I would choke to death w/fumes :roll:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
That's the futures market for ya!

Can you run the "white" fuel like the Coleman stuff in there? I thought I've seen that in 5 gal jugs before at sporting goods stores. Is that high too?

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
No colman white fuel is gasoline my dad always used amoco super in his camping stuff cause it was the only gas that was clear (used to be anyway) and cheaper than white gas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts