460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
and ran the car for a bit, after the warm up i proceeded to do a burnout and do a foot brake launch followed by shifting into 2nd at 6,000 rpm with open headers, i'm sure they liked it. guess i'll need to get the pipes on it soon, i almost have all my 3.5" stuff ready to go

rick

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
That thing sure sounds good!!

We got lucky and found somewhat of a hot rod neigborhood.:cool:

The road keeps getting darker from all the burn-outs and carrying on...lots of fun:)

We have a Torino, a few 5.0 Mustangs, a few old Camaros, an old Cuda, 54 Merc, 57 Ford, 71 Mach 1, and our lowly 83 Thunderbird, 72 Nova, 79 Lincoln and 55 Caddy in our block.

We broke in the cam in the T-bird with open headers and we drew a crowd!!!

Lots of entertainment on friday and saturday nights!!

Bill

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good neighbors would appeciate the sound of your motor. If they don't, hand 'em earplugs. And if any tuners stop by, tell them this is what a REAL engine sounds like!

·
Registered
23 Posts

The road keeps getting darker from all the burn-outs and carrying on...lots of fun:)

We have a Torino, a few 5.0 Mustangs, a few old Camaros, an old Cuda, 54 Merc, 57 Ford, 71 Mach 1, and our lowly 83 Thunderbird, 72 Nova, 79 Lincoln and 55 Caddy in our block.

Bill
WOW! Any houses for sale there? Other than my neighbor who has a '65 Cobra clone with its 427 side oiler, I'm surrounded by tuners and their little bumblebeemobiles. All noise and nothing else. Fortunately the Cobra lets it rip from time to time and these guys just stare!
One of them heard my 460 (stock with glass packs) running and asked me what size it was. When I told him "460" he didn't have a clue, but when I said "7.5 liter" he about messed himself and said he'd never heard of an engine so big. LOL!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
OahuEli,

There is a house for sale!! They were a family that didn't like all the "noise", they were complaining about it one night, I said "What noise, that sounds good!!". They didn't like that, now they moved!! Oh well.

Our son has a couple of tuner freinds too, they are always amazed at the sound of 7.5 liters. Funny how they don't know anything about CID only liters.

Bill

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
OahuEli,

Our son has a couple of tuner freinds too, they are always amazed at the sound of 7.5 liters. Funny how they don't know anything about CID only liters.

Bill
I used to tell the ricers that my mustang was just a little 3.8litre....and then pause about 5 secs and then add.."on EACH side" that used to really screw them up .

·
Registered
475 Posts
We live down the street from a oval track and there's no cops in town... we take the car on the street to do a few test runs now and then.

everyone comes out to watch with a big smile :)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I used to tell the ricers that my mustang was just a little 3.8litre....and then pause about 5 secs and then add.."on EACH side" that used to really screw them up .
Ha thats great!!!:D:D I may have to use that!!

Bill

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

Bill

that would be a dream come true :rolleyes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

N

·
0 Posts
yea your lucky when i had my smallblock 347 with mufflers i would only get it out the drive way be for i had 2 cops cars sitting there. Good looking and sounding car.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
My county is full of gearheads. There are black stripes on every road. My neighbor builds race motors and lives on a dead end road. That place looks like the starting line at VMP. Even with the economy like it is, he sez he can't keep up with all of the work. :eek:

·
Registered
457 Posts
man that sounds sweet music to my ears:) piss on the nieghbors lol. got none here just the deer n they dont care, got any better picture`s? is that a 63 lane?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts