460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
WOw Matt..............quite a machine you have there and GREAT video.

Sorry to see the tangle with the miata at the end...

Is that 555 n/a? ALmost sounds like it has a centrifugal on it unless that's just the sound of teh air getting sucked into 555ci. :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOw Matt..............quite a machine you have there and GREAT video.

Sorry to see the tangle with the miata at the end...

Is that 555 n/a? ALmost sounds like it has a centrifugal on it unless that's just the sound of teh air getting sucked into 555ci. :)
It is normally aspirated. Air comes in though the left side headlight area to a filter housing that is in front of the engine, underneath the radiator exit duct. That's why the plumbing has the look of something with a blower up front.

The audio for the windshield video comes from a camcorder microphone that is inside the driver area. The video from behind the car uses microphones that are in the trunk area. I think they pick up some gear noise; there is no bulkhead isolating the trunk area from transmission or ring and pinion noises.

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Aaaaaaaaaw, man! Awesome clip with a horrifying ending! :eek: I was crushed.

Matt, when I was at the Laguna Seca I really enjoyed the sound of your engine as you came through the Cork Screw; listening to it again here and close-up with the in-car camera is pretty awesome. Also, I have never seen Thunderhill and the vantage point from the car is pretty awesome....heard about how deceiving turns 5/5A can be and that was neat to see. By the way, there are some areas of that track where you really put a lot of trust into the corner workers.

Alright that's it! The Farilane's getting coil-overs and sway bars!

Paul

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aaaaaaaaaw, man! Awesome clip with a horrifying ending! :eek: I was crushed.

Matt, when I was at the Laguna Seca I really enjoyed the sound of your engine as you came through the Cork Screw; listening to it again here and close-up with the in-car camera is pretty awesome. Also, I have never seen Thunderhill and the vantage point from the car is pretty awesome....heard about how deceiving turns 5/5A can be and that was neat to see. By the way, there are some areas of that track where you really put a lot of trust into the corner workers.

Alright that's it! The Farilane's getting coil-overs and sway bars!

Paul
Hey Paul, thanks for the post. I hope to be back at Laguna for this one on 9/18-20:

http://www.sfrscca.org/images/2009/Schedules/09sept18lagsched.pdf

(Group 3)

Corner workers must be relied upon for competitiveness and safety.

I learned from the 46 car that my line can be improved from turn 2 through 5a, especially 5a. Of course I also learned some other lessons ...

One great thing is that temps are now under control and the electrical system is working again. Ambient was >100 that day.

Good luck with the Fairlane. I used to run one in Shelby Club events - before a lot of the goodies they have now.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Matt, great video. I would love to come out and watch you race. Side note, [Small world dept]: You were racing a friend of mine, the guy in the white 66 Fairlane. Although it wasn't much of a race as you went around him like he was on a Sunday drive in the park. I'll check out your other videos asap. Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Matt, great video. I would love to come out and watch you race. Side note, [Small world dept]: You were racing a friend of mine, the guy in the white 66 Fairlane. Although it wasn't much of a race as you went around him like he was on a Sunday drive in the park. I'll check out your other videos asap. Thanks, Bob
I met that fellow in the paddock at Infineon last November, don't recall his name, but very nicely prepared car that I am sure surprised a few of the Porsches. There was also a silver Courgar in the paddock with him that ran well. Come say hi if you are at the Laguna event I mentioned in the post to Paul.

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
RJP, we should make a trip out to the track together sometime. I went with DOHAGIN last time and maybe the three of us could go.

Matt, would love to do the upcoming Seca event, but on that weekend (are you ready for this?) I will likely be bidding on another 510 I just discovered at an auction house. Details to follow (I hope ;) ).

Paul

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
RJP, we should make a trip out to the track together sometime. I went with DOHAGIN last time and maybe the three of us could go.

Matt, would love to do the upcoming Seca event, but on that weekend (are you ready for this?) I will likely be bidding on another 510 I just discovered at an auction house. Details to follow (I hope ;) ).

Paul
Paul, Sounds like a plan. I'd love to go.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Matt,

Always like your ride along video. Sorry about the Miata getting in the way of "Black Death".

Mike

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Paul
Good luck with the bidding. Car is fixed, expect to run. Send pm if any of you think you can make it this Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Good luck Matt, that car sounds awesome!! It sure likes the redline!!

Watching the G meter at the top, you guys sure get tossed around in there!! The belts are doing a good job!!

Bill

1 - 17 of 17 Posts