460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i race we have a short track . all we have for now . it is only 384 ft long . need to know if some one can tell me what time i woud run in the 1/4 mile . hears my stats

60ft is 1.48
330 ft is 4.410

now at the 384 ft is 4.85
mph is 82.55

now this is all the numbers i have . the car is 2750 lbs . tire is 28-10.5
gear is 4.56. c-6. the motor is a cast piston stock bottom end with valvetrane and intake with a 1050 dom . [email protected] 5pec headers

so if anyone has the same time at the 330ft mark chime in please

thanks glenn

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ah good ole Western Speedway! Going by your 330 time you should roughly run a 11.00 at 120MPH. I know a bit about the fairlane with the 460 in it that runs there some times, as I built the engine for it. 1.291 60 foot, 3.92 330, 4.311 at 93.45MPH bests. Sure would be nice to have a new 1/8 mile facility built as Western is a bit goofy!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i was hoping for high 10s. are you talking abought the marion machine car? if so that car runs well

there mabey plans in the next few years to bild a 1/8 mile track at westren . still fun to race there . lots of pratice at the tree.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not a gocart track . its a track where they chace there own tails. we use the front stretch and a run off. all we have on a island . and thanks for the info

·
Registered
81 Posts
Don`t forget that Port Alberni has 1/4 mile drags once a year. I took my 428FE Fairmont there 3 or 4 years ago, 60 foots not as good as Mission, but I was only about a tenth slower. As for your 330 ft numbers, I just looked thru some of my old time slips, and my buddys 62 Chev BelAir ran a 10.86 beside me 2 weeks ago, with a 4.454 330 time. Your 60 foots are better, he went 1.53 on that pass. So it would appear that high 10`s are certainly not unreasonable for your car. Maybe next year you should plan on attending the "Mega Ford" race at Mission Raceway, to "seal the deal"!

·
Registered
81 Posts
By the way, you listed the car weight as 2750 lbs, is that with or without driver? Thats pretty light for a BB powered non tube chassis car, which I assume it is, considering the 10 1//2" tires.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i think i will try Port Alberni next year if the kids arnt swimming . may have swim meet again in trail this year .

the car is 2750lbs with out me . all stock frame . its gutted . no dash or anythig . need to get rid of the stock glass and k-frame to make it lighter .

woud love to goto mission but cost of geting off the island is the killer .

·
Registered
81 Posts
What type of car do you have? FOX Mustang maybe? I hear you about the ferry, I was talking to Grant Klohn about that at Mission at the Mega Ford Race, he had brought 2 cars in enclosed trailers (the 67 Fairlane, and the Probe), big $$ hit! I know several other Ford racers from the island, Dean Peterson with his Super Gas Mustang, Otto Schulte with his Falcon (my old race car from 1978-81!) Bill Friend who rolled his 65 Comet at Pt. Alberni this year (racing the same car since1967!), Ken Blades (yellow 70 Torino Cobra), as well as some non Ford guys; Peter Wille (Hemi MoPars), Wayne Davies (10 sec. VW bug), and Jim Mantle AMC Pacer HRA Stocker!). At the Mega Ford race, there was a very nice blue 64-5 Falcon sedan with 385 power pitted next to me, also from Van Isle. Plus a few more; white 460 powered Faimont Futura,Bill Leong, Howard Hillborn, ........

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya this small track is comming around . with the new timing system . no more down time . and the track is holding the power better . as you can see by the pics

1 - 12 of 12 Posts