460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
that is a hard question to answer.doing port work you never get in a rush and dont bother looking at the clock you will be there many hours cast heads port slower than aluminum i only take a little at a time its easy to go back and remove more material hard to repair head if you take too much

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Gearhead559 said:
somewhere between 40-60 plus hours...its really hard to say.
at least. I have no less than 2 full days in them, and lots of 2-3 hr spurts during the week sometimes. It just takes time to get it right and do a good job.

It will be worth it in the end though...

-Matt

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
superduty79 said:
Yea, had 45 50 hrs. in one head..and i hit water too ........yes i would do it again !!!!! :twisted:
all the time I have in mine, if I went to do the last head and hit water on the last port, I would probably shoot something :shock:

-Matt

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Greenbroncoguy said:
superduty79 said:
Yea, had 45 50 hrs. in one head..and i hit water too ........yes i would do it again !!!!! :twisted:
all the time I have in mine, if I went to do the last head and hit water on the last port, I would probably shoot something :shock:

-Matt
Me too, I couldn't do that! I'd go berzerk and my wife would shoot me!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
20 hours at the bench, two days with only 15 minute breaks here and there. But, this is after 4 years porting. At the beginning, I'd say a good week, 4 to 5 hours a day. Check Goodson, they have some awesome green epoxy (greendeath) that'll work great on the intake ports, just in case...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts