460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really started to pay attention to my tires possibly turning on the rim the last few races so i marked my tires to the rim. they moved about 2 inches past the mark with about 4 passes. i went back out again with 8 passes (i put the previous right tires on the left and the previous left tire to the right) so within 4 passes the marks are now lining right back up again on the rim and tire. i did another 4 passes and now they are 1 inch past the mark. here are a few pictures with the end result from the last time i went out to the track.

with thoughts of studding my tires i removed my tires from the rims and i have a ton of black marks throughout the whole wheel. does this mean the tire was moving a heck of alot more on the wheel before i started paying attention? i have pics attached to show that.

if my tires are spinning on the rim, then it would explain why i keep going from 1.66 to 1.73 60 foot times.

i did buy a set of mr. good year wheel studs and drilled 8 holes in the wheels for the install. luckily a friend of mine had a template to use and was a 8 and 16 hole template so i am using 8 on each side. and i paid good attention to make sure the screw head and shoulder will fit down onto the wheel surface.

please provide me with your thoughts!!

Attachments

·
Banned
44 Posts
If it is moving every time you tracked the car them it was moving before you paid attention to it also.

i really started to pay attention to my tires possibly turning on the rim the last few races so i marked my tires to the rim. they moved about 2 inches past the mark with about 4 passes. i went back out again with 8 passes (i put the previous right tires on the left and the previous left tire to the right) so within 4 passes the marks are now lining right back up again on the rim and tire. i did another 4 passes and now they are 1 inch past the mark. here are a few pictures with the end result from the last time i went out to the track.

with thoughts of studding my tires i removed my tires from the rims and i have a ton of black marks throughout the whole wheel. does this mean the tire was moving a heck of alot more on the wheel before i started paying attention drag racing? i have pics attached to show that.

if my tires are spinning on the rim, then it would explain why i keep going from 1.66 to 1.73 60 foot times.

i did buy a set of mr. good year wheel studs and drilled 8 holes in the wheels for the install. luckily a friend of mine had a template to use and was a 8 and 16 hole template so i am using 8 on each side. and i paid good attention to make sure the screw head and shoulder will fit down onto the wheel surface.

please provide me with your thoughts!!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The real question here is ..... Did the tire move only an inch or did it just happen to stop spinning on the tire a inch past the mark you made on the rim.

Us Truck pullers have had this problem for years . that's why we just screw the tires and then we know that ant going to spin.

Or you could go the bead lock route. Just remember to do bead locks on both sides or you'll still have to screw the back sides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts