460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally made a pass last night and ran 5.27 @ 138 and thought I had something to work with. I was backing the car out to go to round 2 of eliminations and it exploded under the hood about 20 feet from the trailer. The engine compartment was engulfed in flames in seconds and by the time we got it out the damage was done. A fuel line had worked loose from the carb and was leaking fuel. The hood is destroyed and a few lines and wires are gone but I am thankful that is all that happened.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Jon ,that's exactly what I was thinking:eek::eek:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Last night wasn't kind to anyone the way it looks:mad:! Sorry to hear it Joe, hate the mess, been down that road a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Joe,

That sucks. Is that dry chem all over the car? If so, wash that **** off real good. It's caustic!!!

Good luck on getting it back together. It could've been worse. Glad it's only the car that got tore up.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Glad you're OK Joe... Like was said, it could've been worse...

Doug...:cool:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OMG :eek: Glad you're okay Joe. That could have been worse, somebody was thinking fast. I'll double check mine today.

Do you have and on board fire bottle?
I do Doug but I couldn't get it to release. The pin was out of the bottle and also out of the pull handle. I pulled the handle completely off the cable I was pulling it so hard. I am going to really go over the system to see what happened. I am also going to put another extinguisher in my car that can be used manually that is separate from the system.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Joe,

I'm sorry to hear about your all's troubles, but more importantly I'm glad you are alright. Tell your Old Pops that I said get fixed and get it fixed quick!!! He doesn't have anything else to do all day, except sit around and be lazy!!! It's not like he has a real job like you do!!:) We want to see you all at the Ford Bash in Windy Hollow.

My question is, what brand of AN hose & fittings were you all using? Were you all using any of that Push-Loc hose, or whatever they call it?

Take care,

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Joe,

I'm sorry to hear about your all's troubles, but more importantly I'm glad you are alright. Tell your Old Pops that I said get fixed and get it fixed quick!!! He doesn't have anything else to do all day, except sit around and be lazy!!! It's not like he has a real job like you do!!:) We want to see you all at the Ford Bash in Windy Hollow.

My question is, what brand of AN hose & fittings were you all using? Were you all using any of that Push-Loc hose, or whatever they call it?

Take care,
Do you not like Push-Loc Charlie, because I was considering a conversion. Sorry to hi-jack.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts