460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
tire compound

Depends on what your application is, i.e. are you superclass racing or bracket racing, is the car light or heavy, stick or automatic,horsepower output, etc. They all play into the choice. Need more info.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bracket car, 4000pds, automatic, over 500 hp to rear wheels. Lmted to size 10.5 x 28.00 Thanks Tore I made alot of money renting my crescent wrench at the BAsh I thought I would splurge. :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
In my experience the tire compound on a bracket car is more about durablillity than traction. If you go with the softest compound your tires will wear a lot faster for sure. You will get a little better traction especially on the first 10 or 15 passes but then the rubber starts to harden up and they end up about the same as a harder compound.

On a max effort Super Stock or stock class car you will see them using soft compounds and selling them to bracket guys after 30 or 40 runs.

For my money take the hit on a little less traction and go for the durabillity of the harder compound. Most Goodyears I think the D5 is kind of the middle of the road.

dkp

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Glad I could help Tore :lol:

Blake

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey you caught that I was wondering if you guys would chime in. Hows your buddy Chuck doing with the bad knee? When he got up and said he was gonna go kick some chevy guys butt me and my buddy Rick were right behind him, 50 ft behind him. I drove straight home 11.5 hrs long night.

Tore

1 - 8 of 8 Posts