460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked into the shop today and saw that my dad had started yet another project without finishing the last four!! He will have to live to be 180 years old to finish these things!!
This is a picture of about half way through the shop. I just drove the black 34 three weeks ago.

this is a picture from the back of the shop looking toward the front.

This is a picture of the car he drew in 1959 when he was 18. He found the picture again in 1991 and decided to build it. It has a 4.6 mod motor, with a 5-speed, and cantalevered suspension. It's been 18 years and just now got it running...

Anyone else have this disease??????? Wade

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Oh, big time!!

Still tweeking the T-Bird, 72 Nova ready for paint (for the last year!!) 79 Lincoln, 55 Cadillac, and still looking at other stuff!!

It is an illness:(:D

Bill

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
That black 34 hot rod is a bad ride, any video??? Bet it sounds real good!!

Bill

·
Registered
555 Posts
Oh, big time!!

Still tweeking the T-Bird, 72 Nova ready for paint (for the last year!!) 79 Lincoln, 55 Cadillac, and still looking at other stuff!!

It is an illness:(:D

Bill

four antique vehichles....two motorcycles.....one truck..and a nagging wife.......haven't fix any of up the way i want to yet!!:D:D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Bill I have some video but I can't figure out how to put on photo bucket......Wade

hey wade.....down load it first to somewhere on your c-drive or a place you know you can go back and open up.......then go to photobucket and click on "my albums" and to the right will be a thing that says upload images from :.....and there will be a choice for uploading from "my computer".......click on it and it will open up your computer files and just click on where its filed and press open......that SHOULD do it......i think

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I dropped all my little projects until racin season is over. LiL Tweety is enough for now.
70 GRABBER, Those are some BADD A$$ rides in that garage:eek::cool:

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Problem??? humm..... 1966 & 1970 Merc, 1970, 1966 truck, 83,84 & 91 Mustangs, 41' Boat, Shooting, Fishing, Flying, 2 2009 EMC Engines in the works....... What do you mean?

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Thats hardcore street rod right their!!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Your dad and mine must be related. He has a '67 Vette he bought new, ran the hell out of it, bu then it sat in his garage until just a few years ago when he suddenly decided to stop talking and start restoring it. It's actually coming along nicely-- rebuilt engine, rebuilt transmission, body work getting done (that's my dad's specialty).

When I was maybe 5 years old, my dad bought a 1933 Plymouth 2-door sedan, model "D" I think. He has a picture of me on the runningboards with a fake Tommy gun pretending to be a gangster. He was going to turn it into a street rod. That was 1974. It's now 2009, and it is maybe halfway done. All the bodywork is done, it has a complete engine and tranny, but no interior and it's in pieces.

He has sold it twice, bought it back twice, and every time he bought it back, it had more work done, like the last time when he bought it back for the same price, but it had the engine and tranny.

In the meantime, restored his El Camino, had another one, restored a 50's scooter, and bought and sold another half dozen or so projects.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've got to get rid of some of my projects, but getting tough...

67 Fairlane 514 C4 street strip (complete, getting sorted out)
66 Fairlane GT convt clone, black/black, red int. Built 390, 4 sp (in paint jail, back soon?)
69 GTO Judge, RAIII, 4 sp, Gold/gold (runs and drives, unmolested but needs complete resto)
69 Judge, RAIII, 4 sp, Carousel Red/black (motor out, but most pieces collected)
70 GTO RAIV, 4 sp, 4.33, Black/black (original RAIV car, motor almost done, destined for Pure Stock drags later this year)
66 SS396 Chevelle - sold, I think
68 Hemi Roadrunner, 727, Dana 60 - Hemi Orange over black. Original RR, but was a 383 car. Built hemi with CNC ported alum. heads. Freshly done. Few electrical gremlins to chase down.
71 AMC Javelin - built 401, 4 sp. 32k original mile Calif. car. Pending Trans Am clone build.

I'm not buying any more, and have sold a few (71 GTX, 69 GTO 400 4 sp) recently.

Plenty enough to keep me busy for the next 100 years!

Scott

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
We have 17 cars and trucks. :rolleyes: It's pretty embarrassing. People are like WTF is wrong with you?? :confused: There is no way we could ever even finish half of them. And Ellen is in the middle of painting 2 cars at one time. Although, she did finally get some color on my '82 Mustang. :)

Mostly I stand in the garage drinking a beer and wonder what am I gonna do with all this junk? It is truly a sickness. ;)

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I'll call your A.D.D and raise ya 6. Take a tour of a building full of stuff that will probably never be done. :confused: If I/we could concentrate on one thing at a time, we could finish something. :rolleyes:

For the thieves in the audience, if you stole everything we had, you might get eleventy three bucks for it. :cool:

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
And I thought I had it bad,

77 F-150
88 F-150
83 Cougar
93 Cadilac
93 yota
and just bought a thunderbird

1 - 20 of 30 Posts